by Kellala Investigator
Investigator

Locked iphone 6S

Got a complete mare going on.

Wife bought a iphone 6S in Carphone Warehouse on EE, Previously on O2 with a 5S which was traded in.

Prior to getting the number ported she put her old O2 sim in the new phone which (unknowingly) locked it to the O2 network.

Now the number ported which closes the O2 account; tried EE sim and we learned that the phone is locked.

So called EE initially, cant do anything, tried Apple cant do anything. Tried O2 and initially helpful but now saying cannot unlock a phone not registered to an O2 account.

So got an EE sim contract phone locked to O2. 

Any suggestions apart from pay to get it unlocked? 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Locked iphone 6S

Welcome to the Community @Kellala

I know the situation is a bit of a nightmare.

I will look into this a little bit further for you to see what I can do for you

Will be in touch ASAP

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Only O2 can unlock it as it's locked to them. EE can unlock its phones even after a/c closed & no. moved, so why can't O2?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Kellala Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee

by Kellala Investigator
Investigator

XRaySpeX
Wish I could answer why O2 cant do it, initially they said they would do it but after 5 days of waiting I went back to them and got the "can only unlock a phone attached to an account" story
by Legend
Legend

@Kellala wrote:
XRaySpeX
Wish I could answer whyO2 cant do it, initially they said they would do it but after 5 days of waiting I went back to them and got the "can only unlock a phone attached to an account" story

Hi, 

02 unlocking process is here: http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

The issue you have is you got the phone from CPW as these are not unlocked phones unlike those from Apple direct. The above link provides more information on unlocking your phone. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.