by vickietots
Explorer

Issues with new Apple Watch and a data plan

I purchased a new Apple Watch 4 with cellular from Apple. I have paired the watch successfully with my iPhone, but whenever I try and set up data, I get a server time out. 

I have ensured that that I set it up using 4G and have paired it a couple of times now, setting it up as a new watch. 

I have done online chat and also spoken to 150, no answer and I just get passed from pillar to post! 

Annoyingly if I am on WiFi, I get the EE login page, but obviously no data plans, turn WiFi off and it just won’t connect even with a decent signal!

Any help would be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Issues with new Apple Watch and a data plan

Hi @vickitots

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Does your iPhone pick up a good 4G connection in the area in which you're trying to set up your Apple Watch Series 4?

Chris

by vickietots
Explorer

Hi,

My phone is showing 3 out of 4 bars for 4G, so there should have been no reason for it not to work.

I did end up going through on WiFi (accidentally, as I was turning it on and off so much whilst doing the watch as a new setup).  This added 1GB to my main account as I added a 2nd line, but in the MyEE app, there is no data allowance showing against the watch. I believe I get 10GB of data on the watch and it uses the minutes and text from my main phone account? 

Should I see no details in the MyEE app? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

When there is an active plan, on the watch, it should show up in the My EE app.

I'll provide some screenshots below, explaining how to see it.

1: Once in the app touch the three horizontal lines at the top left of the app.

1.PNG

2: On the left handside of the app, touch the little V symbol. If you don't see the little V symbol, it means that there is only one plan on your EE account.

2.PNG

3: You should now be able to see the Apple Watch data plan, if there is one active on your account.

3.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions