by FredWinkler Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Is it possible to add second phone to apple pay, does anyone know?

Ok, hopefully I can explain what I am trying to find out easy enough.

I am going to be away for work a lot over the coming months, so I just ordered a new iPhone on a second line for my partner. My partner isn't working due to an accident and is therefore at home all the time. Since he doesn’t have any money himself right now we only have my money come in, so only one bank account. Which isn't a joined one. I want to be able to leave him with the ability to use apple pay when I am not around, so just wondering if anyone has any idea, or done it before, of adding a second account to the same card. Hope that makes sense, if not I can try and explain a bit better.

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is it possible to add second phone to apple pay, does anyone know?

@FredWinkler  That’ll be down to you bank if they allow more than one device to have access to Apple Pay  just about all do though. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I have 3 different cards set-up for ApplePay (1 x debit and 2 x credit cards).

I have all 3 set-up on my iPhone, my iPad and my Apple Watch without any issues.

ApplePay assigns the same card a differerent card number on each device anyway.

Established Contributor

ok awesome, thanks for letting me know. will contact Barclays tomorrow to find out, but yeah thinking about it, i also have apple pay on my watches, and its not been a problem, so right now using on three different devices. so guess should be just fine, but probably best to double check with them.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Barclays may say no as you probably shouldn't be giving a third party access to your card and may go against their T&Cs. If there's any fraud they could easily say you are to blame as you told them you had let someone else use your account. You might just be better off just adding it.

Established Contributor

Good point @chistery, yeah makes sense, guess will add and see how it goes. if any issues i can always try and deal with it then.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.