by Tomh2002 Contributor
Contributor

Iphone x can only hear call on speaker any have similar issue?

I thought it was bad reception at first, when i can someone my phone counts up the seconds of the call time like its connected and the other person can hear me, but I cant hear them.  I've just noticed that i can hear them but i have to put the phone on speaker or plug in my headphones?  Would this be phone or network related?

4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Iphone x can only hear call on speaker any have similar issue?

@Tomh2002  That’s phone related and have you tried turning the volume up ?   Not just with the side buttons but within the settings app. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tomh2002

Please let us know if the help given by @Chris_B helps.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Tomh2002 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the sugggestion, but I'm afraid no luck.  I cant say I've dropped it, I did update the IOS version recently though?

best,

Tom

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Tomh2002

I'm sorry to hear that the information hasn't helped you.

Have you checked to see if there is anything caught in the speaker like fluff or anything blocking the microphone?

Are you using a new cover with the iPhone X?

• If you are using an iPhone cover that flips. Sometimes, when you try to flip the cover to the back while on a call, it can block the rear microphone thereby interfering with the call volume and quality on your iPhone. If you have a cover, please remove it and give it a try.

If this doesn't work, then please try the following.

• Reset Network Settings.  Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • Once the iPhone starts back up, you should also check and see if any pending carrier updates needed on your iPhone X 
  • Tap on Settings > General > About your phone…and carrier.

• You may need to restore your iPhone to factory settings and do a clean install of the iOS.

Restoring your iPhone to new can help with the problem.

Let me know if any of this works.

Thanks 

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.