by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Iphone and 5G

Anyone know if amy iPhone is 5G compatible ?

if not has Apple made any announcment in this regard? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Iphone and 5G

I would guess either this years iPhone or the 2020 iPhone.

Apple generally wait till the technology has evolved, and then add the technology to their devices. Makes sense as its pointless having tech built into the phone, that you can't use due to the networks not having it rolled out or widespread enough to make it useful.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @lofty I think we're looking at about 2020 for Apple to support 5G. E.g. Link

They are always late to the party, then act like they invented it once they launch it.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thank you 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lofty  It’ll probably be in the next iPhone/s but will need a software update to active it.   The iPhone 5 was 4G compatible but was originally launched without the feature but had a update to activate it.  

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thank you 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

I would guess either this years iPhone or the 2020 iPhone.

Apple generally wait till the technology has evolved, and then add the technology to their devices. Makes sense as its pointless having tech built into the phone, that you can't use due to the networks not having it rolled out or widespread enough to make it useful.

Highlighted
by Stever58
Visitor

The last I heard it will be 2020 before Apple introduce 5G. They are looking at who will make the 5G modem for them or if they will make it themselves. As they are about to make their own chips my guess is they will also make the modem themselves.!!🤔

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.