cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Family Usage Change Tel Numbers to Family Names. How do you do this?

Jamy
Investigator
Investigator

Currently when I open the Iphone app and then open <Family Usage> -followed by <See Everyone>.  The app lists my phone numbers.  A friend with exactly the same app sees the names of the members of her family and not the phone numbers.  I would like to see names not phone numbers.  How do I change the phone numbers to names. My friend cannot remember how she did it.  - thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamy  All the devices have to be on your account and all the names have to be within your phone book on your device,  you then need to allow the EE app to read your phone book.  

MrsC2
Investigator
Investigator

I've currently got the same issue , I managed to name one account but cant remember how I did it , I've been through everything , theres no option to do it. I've read you have to give the app permission to access your contacts and it does it automatically but cant find how you do that.

Can anyone sat HOW you allow the app to read your contacts ?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @MrsC2

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you log into your My EE app, then select Menu and Settings, you will see an option to Use Phone Contacts.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

@MrsC2   On your phone go to settings and your looking for something like privacy and access to contacts.    You then just select what app you want to allow to have access to your contacts.   Google can help you if you search for what your after.   Don’t forget to put the model of the device. 

Thank you.
Successful.
Lovely of you to help.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Glad to hear it's working now, @MrsC2 🙂

Chris

Jamy
Investigator
Investigator

Yes you need to allow the app access to your contacts. When it can read your contacts it automatically names your phones in the EE app.  The name it gives each EE phone will be the name you have given the phone in your contacts.  Therefore if Ellens phone number in your contacts is 071234 1234 then in the App the phone number 071234 1234 will become Ellen.

Jamy
Investigator
Investigator

To be exact.

1. Open the phone app

2. Log in

3. Go to the hamburger menu (top left, 3 parallel lines), click on it

4. Go to settings, click on it

5. Go to "use Phone Contacts" and toggle the switch to on.

Done.