by Greg113 Investigator
Investigator

IPhone 5s unlock

Hi. 

I orderd unlock of IPhone 5s via telephone 150 , it was on december 9th. Since then ive only recived instructions on how to unlock it but no confirmation that it was actually unlocked . 

I check it allready and it is still locked. 

Any help Please ? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: IPhone 5s unlock

Thanks for getting back to me!

If you can send me a Private Message with the IMEI Number I can double check the unlock.

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

22 REPLIES 22
by Legend
Legend

Hi, 

If you try using the search you will find thousands of threads on these issues. 

Or you can take a look at this: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Forum/EE-iPhone-unlock-rules/m-p/382769

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Greg113

Thanks for coming to the Community!

If you have received instructions on how to complete the unlock this means the device is unlocked.

Follow the instructions and you will be all set to use the device with another network SIM.

If you're still having issues can you let me know what software version you are running.

You can see this in Settings > General > About > Version.

Thanks.:smileyhappy:

by Greg113 Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Thx for reply but ive allready read many threads. I also called customer service on december 18 and still nothing . Man in the store said that it may take Up to 21 days , is it possible ?
by Greg113 Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

software version is 9.2

when im inserting sim card i still got Message 

"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

after getting messeges with instructions to Complete unlock i visited local Apple Store . They check it and said it is still locked .

by
EE Employee

Hi @Greg113

You don't receive an actual Unlock Code for an iPhone just the instructions on how to complete.

No it's 10 days to complete an Unlock Request.

Have you carried out the reset instructions? You must turn the iPhone off before inserting the new SIM then turn back on.

What Network SIM are you trying to use?

by Greg113 Investigator
Investigator

I followed the instructions , put o2 sim and still got the same messege . 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Thanks for getting back to me!

If you can send me a Private Message with the IMEI Number I can double check the unlock.

by Greg113 Investigator
Investigator

Send 🙂

by jibberjab Investigator
Investigator

Hi there I requested my unlock 10 day ago with the online form and still havent heard anything, means I have no service!

Is there a way that this can be checked or resubmitted?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Investigator

It should not matter as it is not working days? I have no idea when it will be unlocked or if my request has actually been received and submitted for unlock
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry I just seen you used the online request form, was this from your account or the one that is accessible without going through your account ?

If it wasn't through your account then I'm sorry but that form doesn't work and you will need to go through your account or call customer services to request this.
Investigator

If i go onto my account there is not an online form that appears?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Investigator

I have done that, it only says this: Your phone can only be used on the EE network. If you'd like to use a SIM from another network, call 150 from your EE phone*.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then that is what you must do. Are you PAYG or contract? If PAYG make sure that the fee (£8.99) is on your account at all times or the unlock will fail. EE will not tell you when they will take it so it needs to be there.
Investigator

Contract - just seems rather convoluted that there is this online form but it doesn't work. Anyway thanks for your help!

by Legend
Legend

@jibberjab wrote:
I have done that, it only says this: Your phone can only be used on theEE network. If you'd like to use aSIM from another network, call 150 from yourEE phone*.

Hi,

Your phone isn't unlocked then. You need to call CS as the message says or on 07953 966 250 from another phone as if you have paid for this service then it should be unlocked by now. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.