Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
Highlighted
by rd1000 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IPad pro 10.5 embedded Apple sim not working

I have a Ipad pro 10.5 2017 with wifi and 4G it has a embedded internal sim that has a CSN: number which i am told is the internal Apple sim number, When i select mobie data i should have a list of carriers including EE but i get nothing I have spoken to Apple and they say the internal Apple sim is EE can any one at ee help me i call EE tech suppost who do not know nothing about apple sim i have the CSN and other numbers but the apple sim number is showing as all zeros 00000000000 i think maybe EE need to activate my embedded Apple sim and set a plan to it so i can buy data IMG_0996.JPG

Please can some one help me i am not currently a EE Data customer

53 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: IPad pro 10.5 embedded Apple sim not working

Hi @rd1000 and welcome to the community.

Are you able to select any other data provider or is it just EE you are having the problem with?

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi lee no i can not select no providers on the embedded sim the signal bars come up but as per the photo the box is empty i have the CSN number which is the apple sim number

Established Contributor

Apple say the embedded sim is a EE sim

by

Hi @rd1000

This does sound very strange as the embedded SIM should still pick up a number of providers and not just an EE service.

The Embedded SIMs are not linked to just one provider.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

It is strange i did call EE tech support who said that there is no such thing as apple sim and they know other about it is there any way of tracing it or activating it so i can use ee on it

by

Hi @rd1000

When and where did you purchase the device?

Have you tried a network reset via the settings?

It's unusual that you can't connect to any other provider.

This is pushing me towards the Apple SIM being faulty as you should still be able to purchase data from another provider.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Did you purchase the iPad Pro from Apple or from a carrier? Some carriers will disable the internal apple sim. My iPad Pro’s that I got from O2 have the embedded sim disabled and EE may well do something similar with theirs

See this support document for more information

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203089

by

Hi @greenbadger and welcome back to the community.

Brilliant advice Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi yes it the pro 10.5 2017 From o2 now o2 have unlocked it but still no option to use the apple sim to buy data from EE via internal Apple sim as EE have the best 4G coveage, Looks like i will have to return and by a new ipad or use a external sim card in the tray by the looks of things many thanks for your reply,

by

Hi @rd1000

That now makes perfect sense now.

Please have a look at our brilliant data sim options as this may give you the best options for what you need.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

What i was looking to do is use my o2 sim in the slot and when out of coverage in rural wales use EE via the embeeded apple sim Lee is there a way you can activate the apple sim with the imei or csn or is it one of those things its going to be returned to O2?

Also Lee can you tell me if i was to buy a ipad on EE does apple sim work then or is it locked or disabled like on o2 network and obly takes a single sim in the tray, Many thanks

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I suspect it would be down to O2 to unlock the embedded sim and I don’t know if there’s systems in place to allow them to do this or if it’s permanently crippled

I’d be interested to know if you do get this resolved as I have two iPad pros from O2 that are similarly crippled and it would be nice to have the option to easily switch carrier from normal sim to the embedded if I ever needed to

by

Hi @rd1000

The Apple SIM is deactivated and the tray is only active when the device is purchased via ourselves.

If you purchased the device directly from Apple the Apple sim and tray are active.

@greenbadger have you spoken to Apple to see if they can assist with activating an Apple SIM.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi thanks for the info Lee i myself have spoken to apple and they have rasied a ticket now with their engineers, Thanks for the help

by

Let me know how you get on @rd1000

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi Lee thought i would update still no luck with apple getting the embedded apple sim working

by

Thanks for the update, @rd1000.

Did they advise any steps going forward or timescales?

Chris

by ARykala Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have exactly the same issue, any update?

by

Hi @ARykala,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Have you spoken to technical support?

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions