by powellkelsx12 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

IPHONE 6S WONT TURN BACK ON!

Hi, i was just wondering if you could help me. My iphone 6s battrey was on 3%, for some silly reason i turned it off as my charger wasnt working. Using a new apple charger i have charged the phone for over an hour and still nothing. I have held the home button and power button together a few times and still nothing, could someone please help? if not, i shall phone apple and ask them there. Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: IPHONE 6S WONT TURN BACK ON!

Good afternoon @powelikelsx12

Thanks for coming here to community 🙂

Have you previously had any problems with battery?

Are you plugging in from a socket in the wall or via USB wire on computer?

Take a look at the If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge Apple help and support page.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Valued Contributor

hi, yes I have had problems with my battery for a few months, but nothing major. the battery was draining fast but taking ages to charge. yes I am plugging it into a wall socket.
by

Have a look at the Apple page I've directed you to @powellkelsx12

If nothing works then I'd absolutely look to make an appointment in the Apple store to get the device looked at.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@powellkelsx12  Make sure the device is off and clean out the charger point on the device. You can use a pin to do this but the device MUST be off when you do this.   You’ll be surprised at how much fluff can build up in there and stop a device from charging. 

If your still have battery issue it might be worth using a PC and iTunes to restore the device back to stock iOS.   It’s also work having a look at THIS.  Some of these settings can help drain your battery especially if you have all your apps running in the background.  

by

Thanks for offering some extra help @Chris_B

🙂

Valued Contributor

The phone is off completely anyway and wont come back on. I have just cleaned the charger port and still nothing. is it worth ringing apple? Another EE worker I have talked to on live chat said that if I go to my local EE store and tell them the problem they will send my phone away and give me a loan one while I'm waiting for mine to come back from repair. I have no warranty on the phone as she said because I have had it since feb 2016, will EE do this for me?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@powellkelsx12 The store will do this IF the store have any loan phones.  They only have a set amount of devices they loan out and they could just all be out at present.  

Valued Contributor

Oh right I see. Thank you for your time Chris. One last thing, do you know how much this was cost to have the phone repaired?
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@powellkelsx12 check into the warranty, I think Apple do 2 year warranty.... I know Samsung do. 

Valued Contributor

How would i do that? ask in store?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Valued Contributor

thank you, do you have any idea how much this repair will cost?

by

Hi @powellkelsx12

I'm not sure what the costings would be as this is something that will need discussed with the prospective repairer.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.