by powellkelsx12 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

IPHONE 6S WONT TURN BACK ON!

Hi, i was just wondering if you could help me. My iphone 6s battrey was on 3%, for some silly reason i turned it off as my charger wasnt working. Using a new apple charger i have charged the phone for over an hour and still nothing. I have held the home button and power button together a few times and still nothing, could someone please help? if not, i shall phone apple and ask them there. Thank you

13 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: IPHONE 6S WONT TURN BACK ON!

Good afternoon @powelikelsx12

Thanks for coming here to community Smiley Happy

Have you previously had any problems with battery?

Are you plugging in from a socket in the wall or via USB wire on computer?

Take a look at the If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge Apple help and support page.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

hi, yes I have had problems with my battery for a few months, but nothing major. the battery was draining fast but taking ages to charge. yes I am plugging it into a wall socket.
by

Have a look at the Apple page I've directed you to @powellkelsx12

If nothing works then I'd absolutely look to make an appointment in the Apple store to get the device looked at.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@powellkelsx12  Make sure the device is off and clean out the charger point on the device. You can use a pin to do this but the device MUST be off when you do this.   You’ll be surprised at how much fluff can build up in there and stop a device from charging. 

If your still have battery issue it might be worth using a PC and iTunes to restore the device back to stock iOS.   It’s also work having a look at THIS.  Some of these settings can help drain your battery especially if you have all your apps running in the background.  

by

Thanks for offering some extra help @Chris_B

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

The phone is off completely anyway and wont come back on. I have just cleaned the charger port and still nothing. is it worth ringing apple? Another EE worker I have talked to on live chat said that if I go to my local EE store and tell them the problem they will send my phone away and give me a loan one while I'm waiting for mine to come back from repair. I have no warranty on the phone as she said because I have had it since feb 2016, will EE do this for me?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@powellkelsx12 The store will do this IF the store have any loan phones.  They only have a set amount of devices they loan out and they could just all be out at present.  

Valued Contributor

Oh right I see. Thank you for your time Chris. One last thing, do you know how much this was cost to have the phone repaired?
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@powellkelsx12 check into the warranty, I think Apple do 2 year warranty.... I know Samsung do. 

Valued Contributor

How would i do that? ask in store?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Valued Contributor

thank you, do you have any idea how much this repair will cost?

by

Hi @powellkelsx12

I'm not sure what the costings would be as this is something that will need discussed with the prospective repairer.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.