by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’ve got my new iPad Pro 11”

Okay so I’ve got my new iPad Pro 11”, and for some reason only known to Apple they’ve switched the connector to a double ended USB C. This means I’m now unable to connect earbuds to the device, when the battery runs down on my Bluetooth headset as it did last night while watching Netflix. 

So girls and guys (being politically correct here), can anyone assist with advice please? Rude comments are acceptable so long as they are productive...

Does anyone know why Apple should suddenly break with tradition, and switch to the double ended USB C connectors? It wouldn’t be so bad if one end had the regular USB connector so it’d fit in my 4 port wall adapter that I’ve just purchased. 

3 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’ve got my new iPad Pro 11”

@Raffaello2017  Apple started dropping ports with the iPhone 7 and will continue to do so over all their products this is nothing new,  you go used to it the way it was.   If you search eBay you’ll find adapters that will allow charging and headphones to be used at the same time.  

Established Contributor

IPad Pro 11”

EXTREMELY ANNOYED

I know that I’ve asked this question before, but does anyone know how to connect Apple earbuds with a lightening connector to the new iPad Pro 11” please? Apple have introduced us to their new iPad range, but have decided to change the damned connector to the USB C. It means I have no means of connecting earbuds with the lightening connector, and the only solution on their website is a USB C adapter with a headphone jack...which is completely useless when you only have headphones with the lightening.

Established Contributor

Re: I’ve got my new iPad Pro 11”

@Chris_B I know they have dropped ports on their products, and no longer use the 3.5 headphone jack replacing it with the lightening connector for connected headphones. But this using of the USB C port and connector, and not providing an adapter USB C to lightening headphone connector is frankly stupid. Apple have added a new USB C to 3.5 jack headphone adapter, when they haven’t produced a device with a 3.5 headphone jack since the iPhone 6S. 

Having contacted Apple customer service about 15 minutes ago, they didn’t even know that they hadn’t got a suitable adapter.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.