by turnerjs Investigator
Investigator

I need proof of purchase and I am unable to find the web chat

My phone has been damaged and I need to get proof of purchase in order to get my insurance claim validated.   I am travelling and cant find a webchat or email option as I cant call internationally for this.  Please help?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I need proof of purchase and I am unable to find the web chat

@turnerjs  login to your online account and wait for the live chat window to pop up. 

by turnerjs Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the advice Chris. 

Have been logged in for about 20 mins now, in fact logged in a number of times and no sign of chat - Pop up blocker also turned off. Frustarting as if you want to be tied in to a contract upgrade its super easy - but find someone to help you with something and they make it challenging at best!. 

by
EE Employee

Welcome to the EE Community @turnerjs.

I understand your frustration with this one.

Our customer services chat team will be able to help with a proof of purchase.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser or a computer.(Not the EE App)

Once you're logged in, a chat window should pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Many thanks,

Lee

by turnerjs Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reponse.

Logged into the computer and now also a second phone as well (online - not the app) and will see if a chat window comes up. 

25 mins + on the computer and 10 mins + on the other phone and no chat windows on either as yet... Will keep on waiting.....

by turnerjs Investigator
Investigator

Hey guys,

Does anyone know ifs there an email address that I can contact - I was waiting on 2 separate devices for 26 mins and over 40 mins and there is no chat box coming up on either.

As seeminly no other option I called on another phone to talk to an adviser from another phone and being charged £1.50 per minute same as EE does and was on a call for 19 mins thus far and counting while the customer rep tried to find the right thing "looking for a needle in the haystack" was his expression. He was actually most charming and apologetic, but as a customer experience EE has done poorly as a company to its staff or customers. 

Not to mention that this is costing me a totally silly charge that I should be able to email someone to look into. 

The staff are very nice, but the company isnt helping them do their jobs. 

So frustrating and still on hold.....

by
EE Employee

Hi @turnerjs,

If you are not happy with the way this has been handled please do see our ways to complain guide.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.