1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Re: I have lost my phone

Hi @Onerobel,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I can see @BrendonH has already given you great advise to contact us straight away.

We can put a block on your SIM card and send you a replacement so you keep your number, and also blacklist the phone so no one else can use it.

You can call us on 150 from another EE phone, or 0800 079 8586 is free from a landline.

Alex 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Please call EE to report it lost so they can put a block on it to stop people using it if they find it as if you don't let EE know you are liable for the charges.

Do you have Find My Phone enabled on it? 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Hi @Onerobel,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I can see @BrendonH has already given you great advise to contact us straight away.

We can put a block on your SIM card and send you a replacement so you keep your number, and also blacklist the phone so no one else can use it.

You can call us on 150 from another EE phone, or 0800 079 8586 is free from a landline.

Alex 🙂

by Onerobel
Explorer

I understand that,  but I don't know the phone number al I can provide is just the IMEI  number,  because the sim card was a pay as you go and I bought it one day before I have lost my phone. So in this case what can I do?

Thank you. 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Onerobel,

Can you remember if you registered the SIM card with your details?

The mobile number might be printed on the packaging the SIM came in if you still have this.

If you registered the SIM card our customer care team will be able to find your account with some personal details.

If you have the IMEI number they will be able to put a blacklist on the phone to prevent it being used if it has been found by someone else.

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you not have a chance to create a MyEE a/c for that no?

The phone is of no concern to EE, only the SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_S: Can EE blacklist a phone that may not be theirs? There's nowt to say it was bought from EE, only the SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Our customer service team will complete the relevant checks on the account when the customer calls before barring a SIM card or blacklisting a phone.

Alex 🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, @Alex_S, but that doesn't really answer my Q.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Onerobel wrote:

I understand that,  but I don't know the phone number al I can provide is just the IMEI  number,  because the sim card was a pay as you go and I bought it one day before I have lost my phone. So in this case what can I do?

Thank you. 

@Onerobel, did you call or text anyone you know in the short time that you had the new SIM card in your phone? They might have your number still. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.