by Jacs1
Visitor

I have an iPhone SE and I can’t cnnec to the WiFias th button is greye out.

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I have an iPhone SE and I can’t cnnec to the WiFias th button is greye out.

Hi, @Jacs1,

My thoughts are a little sketchy on this, but make sure "NFC" is ENABLED"! and try and log in again!

Regards

mAh8v

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you mean the WiFi button or the VoWiFi (WiFi Calling) button? It's usually only the latter that is greyed out if you don't have an EE phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jacs1 On the device go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, the device will reboot and hopefully the WiFi toggle is now not greyed out.   If it is you’ll need to book an Apple appointment as the device could be faulty. 

@XRaySpeX It’s an iPhone so it doesn’t have to be a EE device it just needs to be on contract for WiFi calling. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Chris_B, I should've added that it could be on PAYG. The point is that the WiFi button itself should never be greyed out on any phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.