Highlighted
by

I dropped my iPhone and the touchscreen separated from the device, disabling it.

I dropped my phone on a tiled floor and the touchscreen separated.  It then started ghost typing numbers and disabled my device.  I have another phone here that has never been used, from EE on my partners account.  When I put my sim in that device, that device then shows as disabled.  Has the damage to my phone affected the sim?  And is there anything I can do, as I really don’t want to be without a phone with everything that is going on.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I dropped my iPhone and the touchscreen separated from the device, disabling

@Em791  to get your iPhone fixed you need to call customer services or even Apple to get it booked in for repair you’ll have to send it off via posting it.  This will be at your own cost if you don’t have insurance.  If you have insurance you just need to make a claim.  

If the other device is an iPhone please read THIS about a disabled iPhone. I highly doubt your sim is damaged. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I dropped my iPhone and the touchscreen separated from the device, disabling

@Em791  to get your iPhone fixed you need to call customer services or even Apple to get it booked in for repair you’ll have to send it off via posting it.  This will be at your own cost if you don’t have insurance.  If you have insurance you just need to make a claim.  

If the other device is an iPhone please read THIS about a disabled iPhone. I highly doubt your sim is damaged. 

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.