cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I unpair my Apple Watch from my EE iPhone?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you need to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, this post will give you all the information you need;

When you unpair your Apple Watch this will revert the watch back to factory settings.

Your iPhone will create a backup of your Apple Watch.

Follow the steps below to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:

• Hold your iPhone and Apple Watch close together

• Open the 'Watch' App on your iPhone

• Make sure you're in the 'My Watch' tab and touch the banner at the top of the screen that has the name of your watch in it.

• Tap  apple unpair I.pngnext to the Apple Watch that you would like to unpair

apple watch unpaired 2.png

• Tap 'Unpair Apple Watch'

unpair 2.png

• If you're unpairing because of an issue you've been having, or you have upgraded to a new iPhone then you don't need to remove the data plan. At this point you will need to select ‘Keep Data Plan’

• If you're pairing to another iPhone or are selling your watch, you would select ‘Remove Data Plan’

• Tap to confirm and then enter your Apple ID and password to complete the unpairing.

• Now your Apple Watch will be ready to pair again.

For information on pairing your Apple Watch to your iPhone see our post here>

13 REPLIES 13
bazooka-joe
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry guys but am i being stupid here.

You say that "

• If you're pairing to another iPhone or are selling your watch, you would select ‘Remove Data Plan’

But i asked this question last week on this site because i am selling my XS MAX and Series 4 phone to purchase the new 11 pro and Series 5 watch direct from Apple and was told to keep the plan...see link to my post.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch-data-plan/m-p/798094

What is the correct thing to do?

Christopher_G

Your hypothetical situation doesn't fit either of these scenarios, @bazooka-joe 🙂

You're selling your Apple Watch, but, still getting another one. Keeping the plan will make it easier to set up your new one. 🙂

Please bear in mind that this information is based on changing from an Apple Watch Series 3 to an Apple Watch Series 4. We still don't know what Apple are to announce this year.

Chris 

Apple Announcements are done, and the new devices will be delivered from Friday 20th September.

I'm in exactly the same position as the original poster.  I have an EE Apple Watch Plan and a SIM only EE contract.  My current set up is iPhone XS Max & Apple Watch Series 4.

I have an iPhone Max Pro being delivered on Friday, and an Apple Watch Series 5 being delivered on Monday - both purchased direct from Apple.

Please can you provide clear instructions for how to carry my existing EE Watch Plan from the Series 4 to the Series 5.
(Does 'Keep Plan' mean..?  'Keep Plan with EE' or 'Keep Plan on (old) watch unit'?)

Thank you.

James_B

Hi @MadAngelUK,

If you’re upgrading both your iPhone and Apple Watch, use Quick Start to transfer everything across to your new iPhone.

Once your new iPhone is up and running, unpair your Apple Watch, making sure you ‘Keep Plan’ when prompted. Once it’s unpaired you can pair your new Apple Watch and follow the steps on screen.

Hope this helps.

James

testcard
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can you clarify one thing - is it necessary to call EE when transferring a data plan from an Apple Watch 4 to an Apple Watch 5, both bought from Apple, or is checking ‘Keep Plan” sufficient? This would be on an iPhone X, with no change of phone, only Watch. 

Katie_B

Good Morning @testcard

Welcome back to the community. 

If you are not changing phones and simply upgrading your watch you will need to select 'Keep Data Plan'. 

Katie 🙂

chewitt2101
Explorer

hi

I currently have series 3 watch on my plan, and i'm ordering a new series 5 for myself, and giving the current series 3 complete with a data package, to my daughter (who's contract is also on my account)

now when I unpair the series 3 from my phone, do I need to remove the data plan and pair with my phone with the new watch, or keep data plan as my daughter will be pairing it with her phone??.

its got me a bit confused?

Christopher_G

Hi @chewitt2101

Welcome to the community.

Is your daughter on a phone contract with EE? Is she going to want to use the 4G element of the Apple Watch or just pair it using Bluetooth?

Chris

Hi

yes she is on a contract with EE, and yes she will be using the 4g element of the series 3 i currently have. 
my new series 5 is coming tomorrow with a new 4g for use by myself 

regards