Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

How do I set up Apple Watch not bought from EE

If you have purchased an Apple Watch from a third party, second hand or as a gift; this post should cover everything you need to know.

To use the full data and calling capabilities, you will need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model (including SE) on an EE pay monthly or SIM only plan, and be running the latest iOS Software>

I bought an Apple Watch on my contract as a gift; what do I need to do?

The Apple Watch and iPhone must both be on the same EE account. If this is not the case, you will need to call 150 to get the data plan set up (we may need to do a credit check on the person who will be using the Apple Watch). 

My Apple Watch was bought from a third party; what do I need to do?

If your Apple Watch was bought somewhere other than EE, such as Apple, John Lewis, Argos or somewhere else you will need your My EE log in to set up the data plan and pair the Watch with your iPhone on EE.

If you have bought your Watch from a third party as a gift, the recipient will need an EE account, and their My EE log in to activate the Watch with their iPhone.

Full step by step support on pairing an Apple Watch can be found on the How do I pair my Apple Watch with my iPhone post.

I have purchased a second hand Apple Watch; what do I need to do?

Here are a few things you will need to check;

• The Apple Watch will need to have been unpaired by the previous owner from their iPhone.
  • If this hasn't been completed the Apple Watch will be activation locked which means you cannot pair this to another iPhone.
  • Details on activation lock can be found on the Apple support pages.

Once the above is complete you're ready to pair the Watch with your iPhone, details can be found on our How do I pair my Apple Watch with my iPhone post.

If you have any question just tap "Reply" below and we'll be happy to help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by
Visitor

Re: How do I set up Apple Watch not bought from EE

And what is the monthly cost when you have paired your watch with your iPhone with EE? 
cannot find this information anywhere. 
tganks 

Highlighted
by

Hello @Jilljosh

Welcome to the community.

If you have purchased the Apple Watch from a third party, the 30-day smart watch plan is free for three months with unlimited data, then 10GB a month for £7 a month.

Or, if you have bought the Watch from EE on your pay monthly account you will pay the amount of the plan you selected each month.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Is this still the case of 3 months free as when I pair my phone to my series 5 bought from John Lewis all it states is the £7 will be put to my phone bill . No offer of the 3 months anywhere . 

im actually now thinking of jumping ship as my phone has been out of contract for over a year now . 

first you give 6 months free and £5 thereafter for 10GB but now it’s £7 and no sign of even 3 months . 

Highlighted
by

Hi @killswitch73,

Yes, the three months free offer is still available. 🙂

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Ok thanks I’ve now signed up but has a txt saying 1GB has been added but cant see it in my account .I can see the separate phone number that is I’m assuming is the new Apple ️  plan .

will update to let others know if this has 3 months free . Might give EE a ring see what deals they can offer me for sim only and watch data together after the 3 months .   

Highlighted
by

Hi 

im getting an Apple Watch with gps and cellular. I’m buying it from a third party (not  ee). Will there be any additional charges from ee, either one off or monthly 

cheers

Highlighted
by

Hi @Greenymate

To use the cellular aspect, you'd have to be on a pay monthly contract and take out an Apple Watch plan.

The plan is free with unlimited data for the first three months, then £7 per month for 10GB per month thereafter.

You can find instructions on how to get the plan on our How do I pair my Apple Watch with my iPhone article.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.