by
EE Community Support Team

How do I set up Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 not bought from EE

If you have purchased an Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 from a third party, second hand or as a gift; this post should cover everything you need to know.

To use the full data and calling capabilities, you will need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model (including SE) on an EE pay monthly or SIM only plan, and be running the latest iOS Software>

I bought an Apple Watch on my contract as a gift; what do I need to do?

The Apple Watch and iPhone must both be on the same EE account. If this is not the case, you will need to call 150 to get the data plan set up (we may need to do a credit check on the person who will be using the Apple Watch). 

My Apple Watch was bought from a third party; what do I need to do?

If your Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 was bought somewhere other than EE, such as Apple, John Lewis, Argos or somewhere else you will need your My EE log in to set up the data plan and pair the Watch with your iPhone on EE.

If you have bought your Watch from a third party as a gift, the recipient will need an EE account, and their My EE log in to activate the Watch with their iPhone.

Full step by step support on pairing an Apple Watch can be found on the How do I pair Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone post.

I have purchased a second hand Apple Watch; what do I need to do?

Here are a few things you will need to check;

• The Apple Watch will need to have been unpaired by the previous owner from their iPhone.
  • If this hasn't been completed the Apple Watch will be activation locked which means you cannot pair this to another iPhone.
  • Details on activation lock can be found on the Apple support pages.

Once the above is complete you're ready to pair the Watch with your iPhone, details can be found on our How do I pair Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone post.

If you have any question just tap "Reply" below and we'll be happy to help.

3 REPLIES
by testcard Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I set up Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 not bought from

I already have a contract with EE on my iPhone X, and yesterday I ordered an Apple Watch 4 with GPS + cellular, to be delivered in a couple of weeks. Today, I dropped into my local EE shop to ask about adding a data plan to my Watch when it arrives. To my surprise, the assistant seemed to think that only Watches supplied by EE could have a data plan! When I questioned this, he told me that this information had come via “Customer Services”. Needless to say, I made an excuse and left. What I really wanted to know, and what I can’t seem to find on any of the EE help pages is this:

What will be the additional monthly cost of adding a data plan for my Watch to my existing contract?

How much data per month will be included?

Is there still a promotion whereby the first few months of data are free? I seem to recall this was the case with Apple Watch Series 3. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do I set up Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 not bought from

Hi @testcard.

Thanks for coming back to the community.

If you've bought a watch from a third party provider, you can still use the cellular feature with EE.

The first three month will be free, with unlimited data.

After this, you will pay £5.00 per month and get 10GB of data to use.

I hope this clears things up Smiley Happy

Jon

by testcard Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware that I can have a data plan even though I’m buying the Watch from Apple. It was bizarre that the EE shop staff weren’t aware of this. It’s also strange that this information about costs doesn’t seem to appear anywhere on EE’s website. Only a cynic might think that EE want customers to buy a Watch from them, rather than from a third party. Thanks again. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.