by
EE Community Support Team

How do I pair my Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone?

The steps below will guide you through pairing Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 to an iPhone on an EE account.

What will I need to set up my Apple Watch to my iPhone?

To pair your Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 you will need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model on an EE pay monthly or SIM only plan, and be running the latest iOS Software>

You will also need to make sure:

• Bluetooth is turned ON - within your iPhone > Go to Settings > Bluetooth > make sure it's toggled ON
  • Your iPhone is connected to 4G on the EE network.

To set up your data plan on your Apple Watch follow the below steps;

1. Turn on the Apple Watch

Read more

Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch until the Apple logo appears. This may take a couple of minutes.

Turn on apple watch.png

2. Put on your Apple Watch

Read more
Hold your Apple Watch and iPhone close together – when the ‘Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch’ message appears, tap continue.

If you don't see this message then go into the Watch app on your iPhone and tap ‘Start Pairing’.

You must keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together to compete these steps.

Turn watch on and hold near iPhone.png

3. Hold your iPhone over your Apple Watch screen

Read more

Centre the Apple Watch face in the viewfinder using the back camera on your iPhone.

animation.png

Wait for the screen to appear that says ‘Your Apple Watch is Paired’

Apple Watch paired.png

If you're unable to use the camera, tap Pair Apple Watch Manually and follow the steps below.

pair manually.PNG

Now set-up your Apple Watch from a previous back up or as a new watch.

You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID if required.

4. You can now choose your settings for your Apple Watch

Read more

You can now go through setting up your Apple Watch, choosing your preferred options for:

Wrist Preference
Digital Crown Orientation
Passcode
Shared Settings
Watch Analytics
Emergency SOS
Apple Pay
Siri
Location Services
Accepting the Terms and Conditions

5. Setting up Mobile Data

5a. I purchased the Apple Watch from EE

Read more

In the iPhone Watch app select ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ and you will see the below screens.

mobile data direct.PNG

5b. I purchased my Apple Watch from Apple or another retailer

Read more
In the iPhone My Watch App select ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ and you will see the below screens.

Mobile data indirect.PNG

Then you will be directed to the set up wizard within My EE.

My EE set up indirect.PNG

Mobile Data set up indirect2.PNG

6. You now need to wait for your Apple Watch to sync

Read more

The time it takes to sync can vary.

Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are kept close together throughout the process.

Apple Watch sync.png

You'll hear a chime and feel a gentle tap from your Apple Watch when it’s ready to use.

7. Start using your Apple Watch

Press the Digital Crown - (on the right) to start enjoying your Apple Watch.

If you have any question just tap "Reply" below and we'll do our best to help. 

9 REPLIES
by Beany96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: How do I pair my Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone

Hi trying to set up mobile data on the Series 4 brought from EE but get this message wondering what I’ve done wrong 9F0B4A02-273D-4471-A622-648CE54E5338.png

by

Re: How do I pair my Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone

Hi @Beany96

I suggest getting in touch with our technical support team, they'll do their best to sort this out.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Chris

by Beany96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Basically they are looking into it as only plan I have is the £5 a month which is not correct due to I brought from EE

by snapperjw Investigator
Investigator

I have a similar issue,  I bought my watch from EE with a plan but when I look to setup the watch it only offers me to buy a £5 month plan.  This has been going on for ages.  

I have very little confidence in EE and their technical ability to resolve the issue.  

I have paired and unpaired my watch to my phone over 10 times following their advice and nothing has resolved the issue.  Everytime I try and setup the mobile data EE only offfers me the £5 month plan.  

They tell me it will be resolved today Smiley Indifferent

by

Hi @snapperjw

I am very sorry to hear you have had problems setting up your Watch.

Our technical team will be working hard to get this up and running for you.

Are you getting a call today from them?

Leanne.

Investigator

Yes, iam expecting another call today.  I have already had two calls both being 30 minutes+ in duration.  Hence my confidence being low. 

Today i unpaired and then repaired the watch and again it only offered me to buy a new £5 plan rather than providing the plan I should already have when I bought said watch.

by

Hi @snapperjw

Are you trying to pair when connected to WiFi?

Also, is this the first Apple Watch you have had?

Leanne.

Investigator

So I have no contact from EE since Wednesday.  So despite being told I would be phoned by level 2 technical support nothing has happened.  

So I still have an Apple Watch and contract with EE and no data plan working on my watch and EE not seeming to care! 

P L E A S E - Can somone from EE customer service contact me to resolve my problem!

by

Good Morning @snapperjw

Did the technical team advise you of any timescales? 

I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Katie Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.