1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: How do I block my daughter buying add ons

Good morning @KateK1

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

I know @Profile closed has helped you with this one.

Have you managed to resolve things?

I'd advise to also have a look at the 4GEE pay monthly add-ons help and support pages.

How to manage your add-ons

• use My EE 
  • go to add-on.co.uk on your mobile device to manage your data add-ons 
  • use the My EE app - if you don't already have it, you can download it here
  • call 150, choose option 1 and follow the instructions

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @KateK1 yes customer service on 150 from an EE mobile or landline or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) can place a bar on the account to prevent add ons being purchased via http://add-on.ee.co.uk.

If it is an EE personal pay monthly account you can also access Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

🙂

by
Solution

Good morning @KateK1

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

I know @Profile closed has helped you with this one.

Have you managed to resolve things?

I'd advise to also have a look at the 4GEE pay monthly add-ons help and support pages.

How to manage your add-ons

• use My EE 
  • go to add-on.co.uk on your mobile device to manage your data add-ons 
  • use the My EE app - if you don't already have it, you can download it here
  • call 150, choose option 1 and follow the instructions

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by KateK1
Explorer

Thanks, I called 150 like you suggested  

the advisor was really helpful and ha blocked the purchase of all add ons for my daughters number.  A sigh of relief for me as I will have no more nasty surprises in my bill 😊

by

Great news @KateK1

Glad we could help 🙂

Have a lovely weekend!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@KateK1

just keep an eye on it as we were told by ee that they had blocked stuff on my daughters phone but they hadn't - ee had made some changes when we were in store so her phone started sending mms messages and only noticed when we got bill as their app was constantly not reporting outside of contract charges. when spoke to CS about this they said she could spend upto £750 without me being notified and they couldn't block any extra spending - because of this attitude I have just had to switch to another provider who has put block on the number so can't spend any money outside of the contract. if ee had allowed this we would have kept all 3 numbers with them instead of porting 2 and the last to go once the contract is up

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mirdragon   You can block purchases and EE customer services can but a bar on this,  Ive done this with my daughter’s sim only plan that I pay for on my account.   You can block anything you just can not put a cap on it. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B the customer support team need to be aware of this then, as i tried to get things blocked including mms and their attitude was it couldn't be done and as you say this was the same for the cap - they wouldn't even lower the credit limit as this is what they assigned it to. i couldn't wait for the law to be passed and implemented that meant all providers have to allow the end-user to set a cap for charges outside of their contract (Mobile Bill Capping), so have switched two numbers to another provider that allows this.

if it weren't for this along with other issues where they changed settings for all numbers after upgrading another line, taking 10 days to switch number to a new sim when phone upgraded and required new sim, and then tried charging me the usage on the account when the content was include, I wouldnt have switched to another provider as the network itself is fine in most areas we have visited, its just let down by the poor customer service and the constant struggle to get things rectified

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mirdragon When I called CS about my worries on what my daughter could do it was CS who told me about what can be blocked.   I got everything blocked from extra purchases to international and premium rate calls.  As for MMS that’s blocked on device level and with iPhone this is done from within settings/messages setting, unfortunately this option can always be re-enabled.  This is for you to switch off and to educate you the user of the device especially if it’s a contract.  EE do not sell contracts to under 18s and any adult that gives a contract device/SIM card to any child takes the responsibility of that contract.  

Yes EE do need too have better controls on what can be done but as I say EE only sell contracts to adults.  

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B these settings were off on the iphone but were re-enabled by ee when we were in the store when they were getting things working on the device - up till that time the mms was not enabled and not used and the user knew not to enable it. the only times the feature got re-enabled was on the times ee in store had looked at the phone (happened a couple of times). They even allowed her to ring an 0845/7 number even though these were supposedly blocked.

if the app worked properly and the account information was always upto date, or ee sent you a text when you spent so much out of contract (ie not 80% of the total credit) it would be better.

Most providers only sell contracts to adults, but some actually understand children will be using them and thus allow them to be capped, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.