Highlighted
by wangs99
Visitor

How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United States?

I wonder if I can purchase and activate an eSIM on my iPhone Xs Max before I leave for UK from the United States?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United State

Are you a US citizen? Do you already have an EE contract SIM? You can only convert a contract SIM to an eSIM. As a non-UK resident you would be unable to take out a contract with EE as you would have no UK credit history.

I'm guessing you were thinking of getting or using a PAYG SIM over here. You cannot have an eSIM on PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United State

@wangs99.   you can not use an esim unless your a contract customer.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wangs99,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX and @Chris_B pointed out, eSIM's are only available to pay monthly customers.

If you can move your current plan to your eSIM, you could then pick up a physical EE SIM from an EE Store when you arrive in the UK.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.