Highlighted
by wangs99
Visitor

How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United States?

I wonder if I can purchase and activate an eSIM on my iPhone Xs Max before I leave for UK from the United States?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United State

Are you a US citizen? Do you already have an EE contract SIM? You can only convert a contract SIM to an eSIM. As a non-UK resident you would be unable to take out a contract with EE as you would have no UK credit history.

I'm guessing you were thinking of getting or using a PAYG SIM over here. You cannot have an eSIM on PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I get and/or activate an eSIM on my iPhone while in the United State

@wangs99.   you can not use an esim unless your a contract customer.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wangs99,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @XRaySpeX and @Chris_B pointed out, eSIM's are only available to pay monthly customers.

If you can move your current plan to your eSIM, you could then pick up a physical EE SIM from an EE Store when you arrive in the UK.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.