by FredWinkler Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has anyone used Apple GiveBack Trade-in program before?

Hi, was wondering if anyone here used the Apple Trade-in program before. I am upgrading to the Apple Watch Series 4, so wont be needing my Series 3 anymore. When i was in the EE store they looked at their values and said they could only offer £90 for a series 3 Apple Watch, so recommended i may be better off to "shop arround". So just while looking around i found that Apple does the GiveBack Trade in thing, so i just wondered, has anyone used it and how reliable is it. You hear so many horror storries when you send your devices to other places and never get the value they quoted or the item is mysterioulsy damaged etc when it gets there. has anyone had any experiences with the Apple trade in stuff at all? i wouldnt be able to take it to an apple store, so would have to rely on their shipping service. Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone used Apple GiveBack Trade-in program before?

@FredWinkler Do be aware that the Apple GiveBack system only pays you in Apple Store credit now and not actual money like other trade-in companies do.

From their website

1. Trade-in values will vary based on the condition, year and configuration of your trade-in device. You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to trade in for credit or for an Apple Store Gift Card. Not all devices are eligible for credit. More details are available from Apple’s trade-in partner for trade-in and recycling of eligible devices. Restrictions and limitations may apply. Payments are based on the received device matching the description you provided when your estimate was made. Apple reserves the right to refuse or limit the quantity of any device for any reason. In the Apple Store: Offer only available on presentation of a valid photo ID. Value of your current device may be applied towards purchase of a new Apple device. Offer may not be available in all stores. Some stores may have additional requirements.

so you can only use that credit in either an Apple retail store on online when buying something else.

I've used the Apple several times, mostly without any issues.  i've always received the quoted amount they agreed on.

Apple's trade-in system has actually been about for years now but Apple just re-branded it 'GiveBack' last year and changed it so they only pay store credit now and not money.

The only minor issue I had was that they 'lost' an iPhone I sent them several years ago, but because I had used fully tracked delivery to send them my old iPhone and I had proof it had been delivered and signed for (I used Royal Mail special delivery), the company had no choice but to pay me the agreed amount.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions