by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Has EE stopped supporting forward calling. Used to work but now stopped

I have a 5S iphone which used to be able to do foward calling. Suddenly stopped last week and when I rang the techical support team at EE, I was eventually told that they had stopped supporting the froward calling because of secruity reason.  However, I have another phone (not a iphone) with EE which still allows forwad calling.  The reason we purchased the iphone was becuase of forward calling as we use it at work  to divert calls to other staff memebers at different times of the day.

Can anyone confirm what EE's position on this is

25 REPLIES 25
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Has EE stopped supporting forward calling. Used to work but now stopped

Hello @BDS sorry to hear you are having problems with call forwarding. What carrier settings do you have? Try a network reset by tapping settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). Is this an EE, T-Mobile or Orange plan? 🙂

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Its a EE plan. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @BDS thank you for confirming. I recommend you contact Apple customer service over this. I am experiencing the same issue and I have just spoken to them who have taken all of the relevant details and are looking in to it. Let me know how you get on if I hear anything else back I will keep you updated. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @BDS,

Welcome to the community.

Is this since you updated the software on the iPhone?

Also are you able to access the call forward menu option?

Thanks 🙂

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

I have spoken to Apple and they advised it was up to the service provider, ie EE, to enable forward calling.  As far as they were concerned it was activated from their side.  EE said they nolonger support it because of secruity reasons.

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne. 

I can access the call forwarding menu option.  I don't think I updated anything.

Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @BDS thank you for getting back to me. Just to confirm does call forwarding work if you put the SIM card in a none Apple device? Do you have an iPhone 4(not 4S) or below by any chance?

When the EE SIM card is in the iPhone 5C affected type *#21* in to the phones keypad and press call. Do you get a status confirmation or an error message back? If you get an error message can you try the code in the none Apple device and see if it works then? 🙂

by
EE Employee

Morning @BDS

That's great happy to hear it's now working!

Sometimes when a new Carrier settings update comes through it can take a little while to update.

We still support Call Forwarding from your device - we just can't set it up for you anymore.

Pop back if you need anything else!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Hi.  I never said it was resolved.  I don't know where you got this impression from.  Regards
by
EE Employee

Sorry about that @BDS

I misread your post.  Smiley Embarassed

So when you access the call forwarding menu what happens?

Did you do the reset network settings as @Tom22 advised?

Have you tried doing a soft reset by pressing and holding the Home and Power Key together until the Apple sign pops up on the screen.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for getting back to me.
Yes, I did try Tom's reset.  It did not workI have also carried out your instructions and that also did nothing.
Is this not an issue that the helpdesk are suppose to help with.  They have washed their hands from it by claiming EE no longer supports this service.  If its true then nothing we'll do is going to work.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @BDS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

I am also having problems with call forwarding. I'm not having any problems setting anything on my iPhone, I'm having problems using the GSM network codes. Smiley Frustrated

I have spoken to EE Technical Department on multiple occasions in the last 24 hours and they have advised that EE are currently facing problems with call forwarding and they don't have an update as of now (this has been repeated to me by several different agents). Smiley Sad

I'm honestly not sure why EE Technical have advised this but there's no mention of this on the forum but that's what I have been advised.

I recommend you contact customer service who will run through some diagnostics with you and then transfer you through to EE Technical once they have completed their checks. Smiley Happy

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Just to let everyone know I have spoken to Apple senior technical division who are also investigating this. The issue seems to be an Apple fault because these services work when the SIM card is used in a none Apple device. 

@Inyourbox I am having problems with the GSM codes as well yet in an old iPhone 4 that can not be updated to newer iOS/carrier settings or in a none Apple device everything works fine. Thank you for bringing that up so far I thought GSM codes was just isolated to myself/Orange users. 

Will keep the thread updated!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed @Inyourbox @BDS 

As you can see call forwarding works for me and I've just called my mobile and this was  forwarded to my home phone 

IMG_2150.PNG

by BDS Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris B. Did you have a problem with call forwarding or are you saying that your one is working, and I assume its a Apple iphone. If there was a problem it would be good to know how you resolved it. Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BDS  No issues what's so ever.    Just enabled the toggle put in the number that the call is forwarding too.  Click back (top left). And you see the page that I posted above,   I've never had a issue with call forwarding and this is going back to iOS 2 days.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BDS   I've now just changed the number its forwarding too and put my others halfs number in there and called my phone from a landline and the call was forwarded to the Mrs phone.   

IMG_2151.PNG

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B  😞

IMG_0157.PNG

IMG_0156.PNG

IMG_0154.PNG

IMG_0153.PNG

IMG_0155.PNG

But when I put the same SIM card in a Lumia 550:

wp_ss_20170405_0003.png

wp_ss_20170405_0004.png

wp_ss_20170405_0001.png

wp_ss_20170405_0002.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   When I dial the code **21*07973xxxxx

it get this

IMG_2152.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.