by D413 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

I hate to question your integrity here... But, your statement that they are having the same issues in the United States cannot be accurate! The US is at least 5 hours on the Eastern Seaboard and 7 hours on the Pacific Coast! Therefore no-one in the US can possibly have received their new Apple Watch Series 3’s yet! I would rather that EE were honest that they don’t know what the problem is, rather than blame others! I have spoken to one of your agents by ringing 150 and he wasn’t able to suggest anything other than rebooting the iPhone and Apple Watch (which I have done several times) and unpairing and re-pairing the Apple Watch! He admitted there was nothing further that he could do, he even spoke to the “Level 2” Team. He suggested that I wait until later today and try again.

Just one thing to say.....  Not good enough EE!

by retrospek Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Everytime I try to post a link to a picture of the error I'm seeing it keeps getting deleted.

by Ressex Investigator
Investigator

Same issue here ordered Apple Watch from Apple and same message when clicking mobile data it won’t connect. EE are checking if maybe because when I took out the mobile phone contract upgrade it was with a google

pixel XL phone and now I use the sim in a iPhone 7.

Established Contributor

I don't think that is the issue - as I'm on an iPhone and have always been on an iPhone and it doesn't work..

by Ressex Investigator
Investigator

Just a question did you buy the iPhone through EE or Apple.

Established Contributor

I purchase the Phone through Apple originally Sim Unlocked.  It is an iPhone 6s Plus so I've had it a couple of years now.

by Ressex Investigator
Investigator

So did I Apple iphone 7 I just hope it’s not some manufacturer default where it is coded by EE at the factory and it is special background software regards to carrier settings.

by hengistrob
Explorer

Been on the phone to EE and on chat to Apple Support as well. EE blame Apple. Waiting to hear what Apple think and will do.

by hengistrob
Explorer

Nothing concrete from Apple, but the feel of the problem is that it is EE that needs to sort out what is happening and fix the MyEE app on the phone or on the web site to enable this option.

by D413 Investigator
Investigator

Okay, so I’ve been on the phone to EE several (lost count now) times. With varying responses from the usual “turn it on and off” solution all the way to blatantly shifting the blame to Apple. So I called Apple and spoke to a lovely lady who was a Senior “something”, I didn’t quite catch her title. She investigated and confirmed everything is working on Apple’s end. She said their call centre has received a lot of calls from the U.K. this morning. She said that Apple were very unhappy with EE’s response to their customers, by shifting responsibility and blaming Apple! She went away and confirmed again that everything was working at their end and even confirmed that I should have provision for the plan from EE.

She informed me that she has escalated this issue and that they would be contacting EE within the hour asking them to stop identifying Apple as the problem. She said she’d call me back as soon as she has any response to update me. I’ll post any reply I get here!

by robdn Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As new. It fails during the sync and subsequently in the 'mobile data' tab, with the same message.

Ugly.

by Ressex Investigator
Investigator

Ok guys think it’s nearly sorted. Just spoke to Apple and they have confirmed there is a software issue and that the technicians are already working on this to get it solved with software update or carrier update. They said should be done by Monday.

by michaelsft Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just registered to weigh in here, the online is useless and I've been told the following which is clearly incorrect. I bought my new watch from the Apple store this morning and am having the same issues as others in this thread.

"Michael, you need to get a sim only contract with us I have checked with my Manager otherwise it will not work"

"If you buy the Apple Watch from outside directly Apple then you need to get a sim registered with us by calling us on the sales team this will show s the 2nd line in the account"

Good lord.

Established Contributor

Thanks..  But Monday !  Isn't EE the Launch partner with Apple you would have expected everything to work as of today when the watch got released...

by robdn Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Or not sorted, because as someone from the EE watch support team confirmed they are aware of the issue with cases where, usually when watch & phone were bought not directly form them, there's a problem with activation on their end. They are apparently supposed to get it sorted 'hopefully' today.

Valued Contributor

"In order to get the watch sync with the Phone and use the data you would need to get the Sim reg with EE. I hope things are now clear for you"

Oh yes, clear as mud. Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @michaelsft and welcome to the community

Have you currently got a pay monthly plan with us?

Many thanks,

Lee 

Valued Contributor

I'm on the 12M SIM 4GEE 20GB £21

by redtaffy Contributor
Contributor

This came straight from the horses mouth last week before pre-order and they were trying to fix it fast. According to cult of mac and they're usually on the ball.

by
EE Employee

Hi @michaelsft

You certainly should be able to pair with that plan.

Soon as I find out any information in regards to the pairing I will certainly let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.