Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

I've got an update about my watches:

1st Watch fully in working order (was a line that has been with EE for over a year). I can make and receive calls, and use iMessag and Facetime audio with no issue, it connects smoothly to LTE once I'm away from the house

2st watch was for a line ported to EE one day before launch day... Problem has been reported since launch day and have been in contact with EE every day since... They have done multiple network resets, they also activated new eSIM 3 times (over all this period of mess), and changed line to Max plan. They even asked me this weekend to unpair the watch and leave it unpaired and unusuable for 24 full hours!!! and still the watch does not want to activate and showing code 012. It's a full mess with EE. They promised to sort out the lines that were ported to EE recently last Thursday, and today, 4 days later, and 10 days after launch, they are still stuck with this.... so irritating, and frustrating! 

😩

Highlighted
Established Contributor

I love error 012. Pity nobody at EE seems to know what it actually means...!

Highlighted
by
Former EE Employee

Hi @Bizzle123,

Just wanted to reply to your questions around error code 012.

012 is an error code that can present itself at different times.

The most common reason this would come up is when an activation is in progress.

To resolve a 012 error: 

1. Open the watch app on your phone
  2. Select "mobile data"

If it says "activating" dont do anything, it is working it's way through the activation process.

If it says "activation failed" dont do anything, just give a us a call on 150.

Hope that helps.

Jon

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

"dont do anything, just give a us a call on 150." .... where we will apparently adopt "don't do anything" as a solution to the problem.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

What about 019 errors?

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

He did address that above, to be fair. 

You'll never guess what the 'solution' is...

"Don’t try to continue to set up your Apple Watch, best to give us a call on 150."

I'm gonna start using this at home. When my wife asks me to load the dishwasher I'll ask her to give me a call on 150 and then sit around doing nothing. 

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I share all your pain! I've been on the phone with EE sinxe last week. 

I've just come off a 58 min call to them - L1 will put you through to L2. 

57 min later -> "All our systems are down, can you call back tomorrow"?

Where else does companies exect paying customers to call back due to your incompetence ? 

It'll be faster to setup another telecom company then for EE to sort out their useless systems.

And before you ask, No - calling 150 fixes $@#%%@# nothing! 

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@Aikon wrote:

Currently talking to 150 business, three attempted callbacks are logged on my account, strange when I have no missed calls 🤔

Anyway as has been pointed out on here my sharer plan is incompatible so that’s been switched to something amenable. Still showing error 012 so the EE team member is on with the Apple Team trying to find a resolution. 

After switching my sharer plan to a compatible alternative yesterday the watch still did not work on LTE, reporting error 012.

I’ve had a callback this morning requesting the watch IMEI & EID, my watch showed ‘Activating’ in the Mobile Data section when I next checked it a couple of hours later. Looking at ‘My EE’ there is now a third number added to the account,

I’ve turned the WiFi off at home, rebooted watch & phone, I’m not getting a usable LTE service on the watch yet but feel that progress is being made!

Highlighted
by

have tried on many occasions to get through on 150 only to be told the system is down 

need help setting up please 

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rograt wrote:

I have been patient/busy. Bought watch 22nd. Dad took into hospital that weekend. Called 150 L2 Monday, exchanged emails a few times since. Got a call Saturday, exchanged details again. Was told I would get a text message in approximately 2 hours instructing me to repair. I guess something got in the way.

Hopefully will get that text early this morning. 

Got my call after lunch, told to wait 3 hours and straight into data connection as part of pairing process. Been on a run, tracked my heart rate etc, listening to music, and made a call. The watch only dream is realised. 

Thanks all. 

Oh and I got a place in the London Marathon ballot today. 

Established Contributor

@rograt wrote:

@rograt wrote:

I have been patient/busy. Bought watch 22nd. Dad took into hospital that weekend. Called 150 L2 Monday, exchanged emails a few times since. Got a call Saturday, exchanged details again. Was told I would get a text message in approximately 2 hours instructing me to repair. I guess something got in the way.

Got my call after lunch, told to wait 3 hours and straight into data connection as part of pairing process. Been on a run, tracked my heart rate etc, listening to music, and made a call. The watch only dream is realised. 

Thanks all. 

@rograt and it’ll be even better once Watch os4.1 is released later this month and we will be able to stream music directly from Apple Music instead of storing playlists on the Watch (40 millions tracks). 😄

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Marko1970 wrote:

@rograt wrote:

@rograt wrote:

Thanks all. 

@rograt and it’ll be even better once Watch os4.1 is released later this month and we will be able to stream music directly from Apple Music instead of storing playlists on the Watch (40 millions tracks). 😄

Too right! I had to delay my run while I downloaded my albums (again). 

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Ok, so there has been a load of disucssion over the last few weeks on this, and I am sure there are now some experts out there. 

I have one question. Does the apple watch EE functionality now work with a user who has a full business contract and business tarrif ( pooled minutes etc) , or do I need to move the one person who wants an Awatch over to a personal consumer tarrif ?

cheers

Guy

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

i was told by two EE telephone reps that business accounts don't keep your business number so they'd issue a new one for the watch.  i moved over to consumer and I have error 012 from launch day.

the support and general implementation of Apple Watch from EE is shambolic.

i'm also annoyed apple have just chosen EE, there should have been more competition, i personally would have moved to another provider after the hassle i've received. 

Highlighted
Established Contributor

After 11 days of constant battle with EE, I've finally had both my watches working. They were both showing error code 012 from the beginning.

Line 1: 12+ months already in EE, was changed to a MAX plan, eSIM in watch was replaced a few times and after a lot of troubleshooting the watch activated and connected to server (6 days after initial contact with EE).

Line 2: Ported from another network a day before Apple Watch release day. Changed to MAX plan also. EE had an issue were most (or all) of the lines ported from another network could not be used to activate the watch. This problem apparently fixed on saturday (9 days after release / initial issue report), but only today (11 days after first contact), I managed to make my first call from the watch. This after a few eSIMs were created again and pairing a few times as well.

If any of you guys are experiencing error code 012 and fall within one of these two (a line that has been with EE for a few months, or a line just ported to EE), I don't see any reason from them to hold you back, and they should really fix it for you asap, and not give excuses about the servers not working etc.

One more thing. When you try the watch if you get to activation complete... Make sure that from the watch itself you go to Settings --> Mobile Data. It will show Status 'Loading' for a few secs to a min. and then it must show 'Connected'. This is something that EE is not asking you to check and they just say 'oh everything looks fine from our side'... but the reality is.. if it shows 'Not connected' then the watch is not connecting to the server and it won't work in LTE

After it's connected, you can leave your phone at home and go somewhere away from home so the watch is not connected to either phone or Wi-fi, and try to make a call. Also make sure you set up iMessage and Facetime correctly in your phone so that they are also usable from the watch. All these feature should work fine.

An Apple advisor gave me this useful link about things to do with the watch while away from your phone:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205547

Good luck with the rest guys and keep pushing, sooner or later your watch will be activated!. Oh and never ever let EE let you down and make you return your watch to Apple. Apple is great and has great devices that work to enhance our lives with technology, and you should not give them up just because someone else is not doing their job right!

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I don't think they understand error 012 yet. I would imagine (and hope) that somewhere central they will have sorted all the cases in their case management system (hope they have one) by error code and will have tried to match similarities between each groups members i.e. error 012 seems to apply to anyone who recently became an EE customer, ported their number in, is SIM only, and bought their watch from Apple direct (as an example - which happens to be me with my original 012 error). I also suspect that somewhere there is a document that contains what each error code actually means? Error codes do not make themselves up. One then tries to establish which part of the picture is causing the error code and then you write some software (quickly) that will automatically fix the ones that have the problem already and prevent the same problem happening to new entrants. Voila! How Agile that would be. 

It would be good to hear some kind of formal statement in the forum here from someone senior at EE to say what is happening and how far they are through the process I have suggested above. I don't underestimate how complicated the situation must be for them. I hold Apple significantly responsible for this situation by the way. Regardless of whether they appointed one or multiple channel partners for this product, they had/have a moral duty to everyone (end customer, partner, and their own shareholders) to ensure that their downstream systems and processes (within EE) were ready and capable to support the launch. This does not appear to have happened. It's interesting that I had a response within two business hours from the CEO's office of EE which was signed by their CEO - but still no reply from the CEO office of Apple some two business days later. I find this agitating at best considering my lifelong spend with EE to date is £16. My lifelong spend with Apple is nearer £30K. It does make me wonder if they actually care. I'm sure Apple have multiple engineers onsite working alongside their valued launch partner to fix this situation quickly... (hope).

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

just spoke to EE support.

The error 012 relates to being on the wrong price plan.  I was on a business SIM only (as I buy my phones), i was told to move to a consumer product, which I did and it still got the issue. this was a mistake at their end as it should be a sim plan (usually with a phone) rather than a sim only plan

Called and as I'm on 'sim only' it will not work and very unlikely change.

so I'm stuck with a watch i cannot use unless i sign up for a monthly contract which is significantly more expensive with less data.

i'm taking the watch back to apple.  completely and utterly ridiculous. EE, you should be embarrassed at your internal communication and deployment of this new and eagerly awaited Apple Watch, it's an utter shambles.

Even the EE moderators on here haven't even told anyone this (unless I missed it in the 60 pages of issue)

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@magpie2000, The team at L2 support should be able to fix this for you as they did for me. Perhaps you were speaking to a person that has no idea of what's going on (typical of EE). They changed me to a MAX plan and applied discounts so that I would be using the same data I had in the previous plan and pay the same I was paying before. This is what they can and will do for you to fix the issues with your watch.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@magpie2000 wrote:

just spoke to EE support.

The error 012 relates to being on the wrong price plan.  I was on a business SIM only (as I buy my phones), i was told to move to a consumer product, which I did and it still got the issue. this was a mistake at their end as it should be a sim plan (usually with a phone) rather than a sim only plan

Called and as I'm on 'sim only' it will not work and very unlikely change.

so I'm stuck with a watch i cannot use unless i sign up for a monthly contract which is significantly more expensive with less data.

i'm taking the watch back to apple.  completely and utterly ridiculous. EE, you should be embarrassed at your internal communication and deployment of this new and eagerly awaited Apple Watch, it's an utter shambles.

Even the EE moderators on here haven't even told anyone this (unless I missed it in the 60 pages of issue)

That kind of contradicts what they say on their website here 

https://shop.ee.co.uk/watches/pay-monthly-watches/apple-watch-series-3-42mm-stainless-steel-with-sof...

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello everyone,

As you may have seen, we’re arranging callbacks for anybody who is experiencing difficulty connecting their Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G) with EE.

During the call, we will help you get connected or find the people at EE that can.

Please don’t try to pair your device again during this time unless asked by the advisor.

Thank you for your patience, we can’t wait to get you connected and enjoying the Watch.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.