Highlighted
by Marko1970 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

@rograt wrote:

@rograt wrote:

I have been patient/busy. Bought watch 22nd. Dad took into hospital that weekend. Called 150 L2 Monday, exchanged emails a few times since. Got a call Saturday, exchanged details again. Was told I would get a text message in approximately 2 hours instructing me to repair. I guess something got in the way.

Hopefully will get that text early this morning. 

Got my call after lunch, told to wait 3 hours and straight into data connection as part of pairing process. Been on a run, tracked my heart rate etc, listening to music, and made a call. The watch only dream is realised. 

Thanks all. 

Oh and I got a place in the London Marathon ballot today. 

@rograt and it’ll be even better once Watch os4.1 is released later this month and we will be able to stream music directly from Apple Music instead of storing playlists on the Watch (40 millions tracks). 😄

by rograt Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Marko1970 wrote:

@rograt wrote:

@rograt wrote:

I have been patient/busy. Bought watch 22nd. Dad took into hospital that weekend. Called 150 L2 Monday, exchanged emails a few times since. Got a call Saturday, exchanged details again. Was told I would get a text message in approximately 2 hours instructing me to repair. I guess something got in the way.

Hopefully will get that text early this morning. 

Got my call after lunch, told to wait 3 hours and straight into data connection as part of pairing process. Been on a run, tracked my heart rate etc, listening to music, and made a call. The watch only dream is realised. 

Thanks all. 

Oh and I got a place in the London Marathon ballot today. 

@rograt and it’ll be even better once Watch os4.1 is released later this month and we will be able to stream music directly from Apple Music instead of storing playlists on the Watch (40 millions tracks). 😄

Too right! I had to delay my run while I downloaded my albums (again). 

by GeeCeee Contributor
Contributor

When I got home I left the phone in the house and walked up the road a bit and I got a decent signal. I tried to download a few songs to the watch unsuccessfully. Hope that is fixed.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Downloading songs is coming in watchOS 4.1. Unless you’re running the beta it shouldn’t work

by Umiamz Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@ccbrowning wrote:

Hopefully it stays this way, but my Watch is working fine on 4G with no iPhone present.  I can’t tell you why it works, but it does. 🙂 Now to just hope when my number is ported across it doesn’t all break!  Also, I really hope they sort out wifi calling as AT&T users in America can use wifi calling straight from their watch with no iPhone present. 

WiFi calling works from the watch with the iPhone completely powered off (or in airplane mode). However, although the call uses WiFi it also needs cellular access to set up the call in the first place. If the watch isn't showing a status of Connected in Settings/Mobile Data then the call will fail.

I've fully tested this and can confirm it works under those circumstances, i.e. watch is connected to WiFi AND can see an EE 4G signal.

Established Contributor

@GeeCeee wrote:

When I do the messages/send and receive and click in my apple id I get a menu saying 1Message Accont, then change location, sign out or cancel. I dont get anything bringing in the watch.

In that case iMessage is already set up and you don't need to do anything more.

SMS messages (green ones) will still need your iPhone to be powered on and connected to EE to send/receive.

by wardste2 Investigator
Investigator

Do you have email address for EE ceo that you could share with us?

Established Contributor

@wardste2 wrote:

Do you have email address for EE ceo that you could share with us?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ee+ceo+email

by andysummers12 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yesterday I had the call back I was hoping for after 3 hours from EE, following unpairing the watch and leaving it off the whole time. When I unpaired there were no data plans associated with the watch. We went through the re-pairing process again, setting it up as a new watch and when I did the mobile data setup I again got the 019 error. 

After the watch was paired, I can once again see the data plan showing as Not in use. This has happened 3 times now over the last few days. 

Has anyone managed to get from the screen below to a working data plan again yet? 

IMG-9642.JPG

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @RichTF

How are you getting on after your call yesterday?

Hope to hear some great news this morning 🙂

by Aikon Contributor
Contributor

Following Sunday & Monday's efforts by @Leanne_T & her team I went for a phone free run this morning, just me, my watch & some AirPods, all good, LTE all the way round, run uploaded before I got home, music to listen to & rang my BiL for a test call. Lets not talk about battery life on LTE though 😄

by RichTF Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Morning @Leanne_T,

Thanks for checking up, I made a follow-up post here — Some progress, but not quite there yet. Hopefully we’ll be able to sort it today…

by Fozzy2670 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Lost signal on watch 9pm yesterday and hasn’t come back !!!!

by andysummers12 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I suppose that's one upside of not having LTE at the moment, the battery
seems to last 2-3 days on my watch comfortably

I'd still rather have it enabled though!
by

Morning @RichTF

Thanks for the update.

I will certainly pass this on for you.

I was hoping this may have started working overnight for you.

Speak soon 🙂

by

Morning @Aikon

Very glad this is all sorted for you 🙂

by

Morning @Fozzy2670

Thanks for coming back here.

Do you have signal on the iPhone?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Wev5 Contributor
Contributor

Had watch over a week now and my fault code has gone from 012 to 031 now and still no signal 

I switched from o2 to EE just so I could use the Apple Watch so frustrated with all this I’m so close to giving it all back and going back to o2

by mancunian100 Contributor
Contributor

Same here my error code has changed from 012 to 031.

by Fozzy2670 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.