by andysummers12 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

Trying to remain hopeful! Good to hear some of you are getting it fixed. I
have to go out for an hour later so I hope they don’t call back then.
Fingers crossed it’ll be done soon
--

Kind regards,
Andy Summers
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fozzy2670

Please do keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Have a lovely evening Smiley Happy

by Marko1970 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Fozzy2670 wrote:

C23E9C2D-D235-48E2-8B58-27073359797A.jpeg

@Fozzy2670 Pretty cool when it’s working. 😜👍

by tscole
Visitor

I've called 150 three times about similar problems to other people on here. Error code 012. Last time I was told I would get a callback - that was Saturday lunch time and I am still waiting. Very unimpressive...

by GeeCeee Contributor
Contributor

I seem to be connected now. I haven't managed to get far enough away from the phone yet to be 100% sure.

by Bev57 Contributor
Contributor

Had a call back this afternoon, advising to unpair and set up again, but to wait until this evening. Watch this space!

by ccbrowning Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully it stays this way, but my Watch is working fine on 4G with no iPhone present.  I can’t tell you why it works, but it does. Smiley Happy Now to just hope when my number is ported across it doesn’t all break!  Also, I really hope they sort out wifi calling as AT&T users in America can use wifi calling straight from their watch with no iPhone present. 

by magpie2000 Investigator
Investigator

i purchased an Apple Watch from the Apple Store on launch day.

When calling EE i was told if youre on a Business Contract you will be assigned a new number, this was an Apple thing.  Having spoken to several people at Apple (inc the Business team) this is complete nonsense. 

I then switched to a personal EE plan as i was on a rolling contract, tried to pair on the day i got the wat and error 012.

I called EE.  They were completely clueless to the issue.  I reset the watch, called several times, was told my SIM had been reset and "leave it for 48 hrs and it should work", itdidn'tt, called again have been told someone is looking at it.

a colleague bought a watch on the same day and paired it successfully at the same time i was trying. 

can someone at EE explain what an error 012 is? and when is going to be fixed??

by remking Contributor
Contributor

I've had 3 promises of a call back too. It's a lame response when history already says it doesn't happen. Be honest with me. Tell me that 100's of customer have the same problem and you are sorry but you can't cope with the volume but promise that I am in a queue, and that my place in that queue will not change, and you will email me regularly as my position changes so that when you do get round to ringing me - I'm not in a meeting and won't end up at the back of the queue again. It's called a "Service Desk". 

by remking Contributor
Contributor

My error 012 occurred immediately after someone on EE chat sent a "network refresh" to my phone. Prior to that I had about an hour of "Activating". My watch was from Apple and I am on a new sim only contract (a personal one).

Highlighted
by

Hello there @remking

I can understand your frustration with this.

I have your details and have requested a call back for you.

Hope you get this sorted soon.

by GeeCeee Contributor
Contributor

When I do the messages/send and receive and click in my apple id I get a menu saying 1Message Accont, then change location, sign out or cancel. I dont get anything bringing in the watch.

by

Hi @Bev57

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, Leanne Smiley Happy

by Hello121 Investigator
Investigator

I bought my series 3 from John Lewis.

I'm on a business account on EE.

Please can someone from EE PM me with instructions on how to get my E-sim activated.

150 seems mega busy.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Only took EE a week and a half to start getting pro active with customers having issues and start working with them to resolve them. Something I suggested they do on day 1!

by

Thanks for the feedback, @greenbadger.

I'm sure we'll get you up and running soon.

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I’ve been up and running since the day after launch following emails to EE’s CEO and Tim Cook. Others weren’t so lucky though and it should not have taken a week and a half for you to do what I suggested on day 1 which was for EE staff to finally take ownership of the issues and work with people to resolve them.

This thread is over 50 pages long. Should tell you something about the quality of customer service that has been provided up until today!

by RichTF Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Okay, so after today’s first ever callback, I’ve been able to make some progress, but it’s not quite there yet.

I was able to set up mobile data after Kayleigh re-built my account, and after a couple hours my account activated and I saw a screen with “0 bytes” and various data categories. I also have an ICCID number in my Watch App settings, which is a first!

However, when I try and buy the EE plan, I get error 012 again. I’ve reported this back, so let’s see what happens tomorrow… No longer playing the “150 lottery” though, so my confidence in this actually being sorted is the highest it’s been since last weekend… Smiley Happy

by rograt Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rograt wrote:

I have been patient/busy. Bought watch 22nd. Dad took into hospital that weekend. Called 150 L2 Monday, exchanged emails a few times since. Got a call Saturday, exchanged details again. Was told I would get a text message in approximately 2 hours instructing me to repair. I guess something got in the way.

Hopefully will get that text early this morning. 

Got my call after lunch, told to wait 3 hours and straight into data connection as part of pairing process. Been on a run, tracked my heart rate etc, listening to music, and made a call. The watch only dream is realised. 

Thanks all. 

Oh and I got a place in the London Marathon ballot today. 

by Marko1970 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@GeeCeee wrote:

When I do the messages/send and receive and click in my apple id I get a menu saying 1Message Accont, then change location, sign out or cancel. I dont get anything bringing in the watch.

@GeeCeee can you show me a pic of the screen with the options you’re seeing?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.