by retrospek Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

So I've just taken delivery of my Apple Watch with LTE (directly from Apple).

In the Apple Watch app I've gone to the cellular section to set-up but it is saying:

'This account is not ready to use with Apple Watch.  Contact your carrier'

Why would I be getting this ?  I thought I could do the set-up through the app ?  I'm on a monthly EE Plan.

I think EE are going to get a lot of calls today if you can't do the set-up through the app ?

A message from the Community Manager @TiffJ

Thanks for your question @retrospek

In order to help out other users I'm answering right here so it's easy to find:

We are working hard to resolve the issues that some users are having setting up their Apple Watches, Below you will see some hints and tips that should help you get set up. 

In many of these situations you may be required to call 150, this is because we have specially trained service agents available who can check your account and set-up status.

However if you have already commented below that you are having issues @Leanne_T will be sending you a private message today to get your details so that we can help you personally. (To access your private messages click on your profile avatar and a toolbar will pop up with an envelope image on it - click that and you're in private messages.) 

What do I do if I get an error code?

As hard as that may be don’t try again. Repeating the actions creates a back log within the system which makes it harder for us to undo.

Go to the Apple Watch app on your phone and select “Mobile Data”. If it says “Activating” that means it’s working and all you need to do is wait for it to complete. It can take up to 2 hours, but may complete quicker.

if it’s gone from “Activating” to “Activation failed” don’t try to set up the watch again, just give us a call on 150.

What if I see error code 019?

If you have this error it maybe as a result of a factory re-set to your Apple Watch. Don’t try to continue to set up your Apple Watch, best to give us a call on 150.

What if I see error code 007?

This could be due to several reasons. Don’t try  to set up your Apple Watch again, just give us a call on 150.

What if see “This account is not ready to use with Apple Watch”

Don’t do anything, just give us a call on 150.

We are working with our customer service and tech teams to make sure they have the info they need and where to find it to resolve your queries as quickly as possible.

We’ll provide further updates as they become available and we're working hard to resolve the problems that some of our customers are experiencing.

1,638 REPLIES 1,638
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

Hi @retrospek

Hopefully @Christopher_G @James_B or the team can help here. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@retrospek   You still need an account/contract for the watch to use data.  Only your calls and text come from your phone allowance. 

Established Contributor

Yes I know - but you should be able to do all of this through the Watch App on the iPhone - but it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

So basically what is on EE's website for setting up LTE on the Apple Watch is incorrect.

EE say the following on the website:

1. Open the Apple Watch Series 3 app on your iPhone
  2. The app will then take you through setting up your Apple Watch Series 3 , things like Apple Pay etc
  3. Select Set up Mobile Data
  4. Log in using your EE log in details
  5. Select the Apple Watch Series 3 plan and agree to Terms

However, you can't get past step 3. as it says 'This account is not ready to use with Apple watch'..

So something isn't right..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Give CS a call on 150 and they will be able to check everything is set up correctly on your account etc. They should also be able to walk you through the process. 

On a side note which version of the watch did you go for and if you had the last one is it an improvement? 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @retrospek.

I'm delighted to see that you've received you Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS +4G). 😄

In addition to the steps that you have posted above, please follow the steps on our Apple Watch - Set up and pair with iPhone help page.

Let me know if that helps.

Chris

Established Contributor

I've done all of that.  Also those instructions are for pairing the watch with the Phone - which I've already done and works..

It is when you try to enable LTE on the watch that is says 'your account is not ready'..  But 

by

OK, thanks @retrospek.

Have a chat with our support team, they will do their best to get you up and running speedily.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Same issue here. Are we waiting for the Esim to be activated by EE? 

Established Contributor

Glad to hear I'm not the only one getting this..  EE - why can't we set-up the Apple Watch LTE Connecton from the Apple Watch App ?

by MOONPIG Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same issue. I called 150 and they are reactivating my account and says it could take up to 24hours 😞

by SamChivers
Visitor

Same issue here...

by

Hi all.

Could you try rebooting your iPhones and attempting this again?

If it doesn't work, please let me know if you get any other error messages.

Chris

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The esims are not activated and the numbers not paired on the account. Awaiting tech team specific for watch 3 to call me back and I’ll update x

Established Contributor

I've rebooted my phone a number of times now.  Still not working.  Just says 'This account is not ready to use Apple Watch'.

I'm on the Monthly Sim Plan !

by redtaffy Contributor
Contributor

It’s an Apple problem not EE they’re having same trouble in the states with connectivity, that’s why I think EE are holding back until the cellular is fixed.

Established Contributor

This is what I'm seeing:

https://ibb.co/iJ2CW5

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Are u guys restoring from back ups of previous watch or setting up as new? X

Established Contributor

I've done both - initially I did a restore - but now I"ve done a new install and still get issues.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.