by Watty Investigator
Investigator

Free apple music not working

So like many others on here i tried to get my free 6 months apple music but it aint working , i rang EE customer services this afternoon to be told its on the system as working , they told me to call apple (i hope EE repay me for the call) , i called them who then passed me somewhere else , i was then told to contact EE . So two hours of my life i wont get back and im no further ahead , still not getting what was promised , im a little annoyed about this because after being an orange / EE customer continuously for nearly 20 years . Ive read all the other pages regarding peoples problems and i believe i have tried all the things that have been mentioned . Im dissapointed because i was happy with the iphone 6 i had and didnt really need to upgrade but the offer tempted me . I feel that customer services did not really offer any help and just fobbed me off to apple who looked into it but then fobbed me off back to EE , why should customers have to run around trying to sort this out ? When on the apple music app i get the message joined with EE ? i click yes to be told i dont have a membership as many others before me have done . ive never had an apple music subscription and the number in my phone is my number , ive deleted the app and re instaled it but says the same , ive now given up trying and will just use Deezer for my music but when it comes round to renewal time with EE i will remember the time wasted trying to sort out what should be a simple task , shame on you EE for not making sure this was easy for your customers ..
18 REPLIES 18
by Pete_C1 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Free apple music not working

Hi @Watty

When you say it is not working, what are you doing? just so i know where to point you in the right direction?

Apple Music is built within the Music App, which is one of the main apps on the iphone.

To use Apple Music, you will need to open the app and register which you can do on the "for you" tab at the bottom. Complete registration and you should be up and running. To listen to millions of songs on Apple, it must be done through this app and not itunes as you will be charged.

To listen to songs on Apple music, open the app and press "search" and type in what you want to hear. There are also playlists for you to choose from.

I hope this helps a little bit.

let me know how you get on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Watty  Have you texted MUSIC to 150 and followed the links in the returned message. ? 

And its a dodle to set up.    One text follow the link in the message.  Job done.  Oh and you need a Apple account to have the EE free 6 subscription service applied too. 

PLEASE READ THIS

by Watty Investigator
Investigator

Hi by not working I mean it keeps saying I don’t have an ee membership . 

Im well aware that I need to use the music app and that’s what I’m trying to do I’m not using iTunes . 

When you say register register on the app do you mean add a user name as that’s the only option on there . 

by Watty Investigator
Investigator

Yes I’ve gone through the text message stuff and received a message saying it’s all set up and your customer service department confirms this . 

Im pleased you think it’s a “Doddle” to set up but going by the hundreds of messages online clearly others are not finding it quite so straight forward! 

Valued Contributor

if youre talking about the create user name on the music app on the phone then yes. youll need to register the app with a user name and password. after that it should work.

have you done what @Chris_B said and text music to 150 just to check that its active.

by Watty Investigator
Investigator

Your customer service department confirmed that it is set up and working on my account however I have done this again for the 3rd time now and yes I have registered a name on the app . 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Watty  And have you used the links provided in the returned message so that then will open the music app too  link it to your account?    The issue is the music app/your Apple account is not linked to your EE account and so because of this you don’t have a subscription when you open the music app.     

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Watty

When you get a chance to answer @Chris_B then we may be able to support you further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Watty Investigator
Investigator

Ok so after messing round trying to get this to work I have finally found a solution ! 

My solution was to just forget the whole idea and not bother wasting any more of my life . 

Thanks EE 🙄

by

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and we couldn't help on this occasion @Watty

Have a nice weekend.

Richard.

by Klm85 Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

i am also having the same problem as Watty. 

I registered for this service Wednesday night. I have tried all the ‘soloutions’ and nothing works. 

I haven’t changed my phone number in years. 

I am getting the same message of ‘you don’t not have an account’ despite it showing as an add on on my EE account. 

Any suggestions? 

Valued Contributor

Hi @Klm85

Welcome to the community! 

Could you take me through step by step in what you did to sign up?

Thanks

Pete

by Klm85 Investigator
Investigator

Hello all.

All sorted.

I signed back in to Apple ID.

I also did all of the solutions that people recommended.

I also re sent the text message to 150 of Music, so on the second time of having my account approved, it has worked.

Unsure at what point, which method worked or if it was a combination of everything.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @Klm85 and welcome to the community.

In your other post I did ask the following with no reply:

Can I get you to check that the mobile number is displayed correctly in the phone:

• Android:Settings>About Phone>My Phone Number.
  • Apple:Settings>Phone>My Number

Is the correct number displayed?

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

No worries!

Enjoy Apple Music!

by
EE Employee

Briliant @Klm85

Glad you are now sorted, we must have posted at the same time lol 🙂

Cheers

Lee

by Klm85 Investigator
Investigator

Yes it was. I mentioned that I had tried all the solutions ie/ check phone number, check country, check Apple ID, re download the App.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Come back and see us anytime @Klm85

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.