by Archer1440
Explorer

Free Apple music trial not registering saying don't have apple music with EE.

I have registered for the free six months Apple Music and downloaded the app on my Android phone. When I follow the link on the text I am told I do the have Apple Membership with EE. It is now 2 days since I had the text. 

I have checked the other posts on this and my number is recorded correctly and the apple music subscription is shown on my extras what is the next thing to try? 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Free Apple music trial not registering saying don't have apple music with EE

Hi @Archer1440

• If the correct mobile number is showing, you may need to remove the Apple Music app and re-install.
  • Once done, Tap on the link in the text message to activate correctly with EE.

If this still doesn’t work, we would recommend giving customer services a call, they will check to see that this is set-up correctly.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Archer1440
Explorer

Re: Free Apple music trial not registering saying don't have apple music with EE

Have tried reinstall and also contacted customer services yesterday who suggested the same have also rebooted the phone and still does not work. Do you need an apple Id to use the app with the EE registration or does the EE link create one? 

by

Hi @Archer1440

Please see our Apple Music - Who can get it help and support pages.

To take advantage of Apple Music on EE you must have: 

• a pay monthly or SIM only consumer or small business phone plan
  • an active Apple Music on EE subscription
  • a compatible Apple (iOS 8 or later) or Android (4.3 or later) device 
  • access to a WiFi or a data connection to stream or download Apple Music, Radio and Connect 
  • an Apple ID and password.
  • the Apple Music app installed on your device.

An Apple ID can be used on multiple devices but it isn't possible to stream live music on more than one device at a time.

So in short you need to set up an Apple ID

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by SvenP
Explorer

I am having exactly the same problem.  I have signed up for the free 6 month Apple Music offer but am unable to get this on my Galaxy S7.  

When I go to 'My EE' it shows that Apple Music Free & Data Streaming has been activated.   When I open the Apple Music app and sign in with my Apple ID, I get the message 'You don't have an Apple Music membership with EE.'  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as suggested.

I've spent 50 minutes on EE support chat this evening and the end result was that it was Apple's problem.  I've just come off the Apple helpline and they say that as it isn't an Apple product, they can't help and suggested I go back to EE support.  They also said that I didn't have an active Apple Music subscription

by SvenP
Explorer

I seem to have a result, after a frustrating couple of  hours unsuccessfully trying to get Apple Music to work yesterday.

This morning, the phone told me there was a system update available, which I installed. Once it had restarted, I got a text message from EE to say that they had updated some of my settings and that I had to restart the phone.  Once restarted again, I checked in 'About device' and the phone number shown had updated from the one that came with the phone to the one I ported to it when I moved to EE.  Perhaps this was the problem all along?

I tried installing Apple Music from the phone again and got the message that the app wasn't compatible with my device!  However, I was able to install it using the 'Play Store' on a browser.  Once I Started Apple Music up I got some screens I had not seen before, cumulating in the app asking me to input a 4-digit PIN code that they sent by text.

Once I had done that, Apple Music started working!  

So, thanks to whoever sorted it out for me, and an special thanks to Brian on EE Tech Chat in Tyneside who was so patient and professional whilst helping me yesterday.

by

pic spot prize.png

Hi @SvenP

Because I loved the help you gave today, I’d love to treat you to dinner on us.

I’m going to send you a private message – please reply to that message with your address details so that I can pop a restaurant voucher in the post.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be – and enjoy your meal out!

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.