Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
by bewildered

Faulty iPhone 6s-advice please

In October 2016, I purchased a iPhone 6s from an EE store. The phone is in perfect condition, no scratches or cracks. 

This morning, the phone was working fine but decided to pack in during a software update. It froze and blacked out. When turned back on, the Apple logo comes up and then it freezes and glitches out. If left like that it will keep on doing that until it is turned off. I have tried many different things, connecting it to iTunes, holding in the power button and the home button for a minute. I spoke to Apple Support and they deem it to be a hardware issue. Under their warranty, I am not covered but under EU law I am. 

To cut a very long story short, they have advised me to visit Stormfront tomorrow who will give me a repair recommendation. They cannot fix the device if it is a hardware issue because I didn't purchase it from there. I have to get a slip from them and get in touch with EE because I purchased the device from them. Any idea how I would go around this??

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

2 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: Faulty iPhone 6s-advice please

Hi, 

If it's still under warranty then take it into EE who will send it off for assessment.

Alternatively take it into Apple.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Faulty iPhone 6s-advice please

Apple products only come with 12 month warranty. Not all EU law is enforced into the UK as the UK can veto not to use it.

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions