by Badboy388 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Esim issue.

Hi Everyone 

I had an awful time last few days, When I went into store trying to simswap my number onto Esim on my Iphon imax and end up with no service for five days. 

Thankfully the Tech team sorted this out today for me. 

So I called EE and asked them is everything in my account ok and if I can go ahead with the esim pack they had posted to me last week.

He said everything look great on thier side so he helped me setting up the esim with my own number over. 

He first got the esim 12 numbers from me , then i recived the pin number and i gave it to him, next he told me to scanned the Qrk Code. which i did. 

he then told me its could take upto 24 hrs before its swapped over to esim?? is it right???

And how could i know if my number on pysical sim or Esim?? I couldnt tell unless i pulled the pysical sim out then its will said no service as my number still on pyiscal sim. 

I got this very funny number on my secondary number. '0000000000' I rebooted my mobile few times and still the same. 

anyone know why??

thanks 

badboy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: Esim issue.

Hi @Badboy388

My understanding is that it can take 24 hours to do a SIM swap, regardless of if an eSIM is involved.

If you go into settings -> mobile data you should see 2 items under Data Plans. By default they are named Primary and Secondary. Primary is the physical SIM and Secondary is the eSIM. When the SIM is swapped successfully, the 2nd item, Secondary, will display your phone number instead of the 0000000000.

You can rename the Primary and Secondary as you wish, for example mine are renamed Work Line and Personal Line.

Hope that helps

22 REPLIES 22
Established Contributor
Solution

Hi @Badboy388

My understanding is that it can take 24 hours to do a SIM swap, regardless of if an eSIM is involved.

If you go into settings -> mobile data you should see 2 items under Data Plans. By default they are named Primary and Secondary. Primary is the physical SIM and Secondary is the eSIM. When the SIM is swapped successfully, the 2nd item, Secondary, will display your phone number instead of the 0000000000.

You can rename the Primary and Secondary as you wish, for example mine are renamed Work Line and Personal Line.

Hope that helps

Established Contributor

Hi. Thank you so much for replying to me. 

I couldn't work out how to tell when the sim swap succussfully done but you had answer it for me. 

I think i just need to be pateintly wait upto 24 hrs and see if its work. 

Will keeo you and other update here,

thanks 

badboy

Established Contributor

Excellent, keep us posted 🙂

Established Contributor

Just checking in @Badboy388, how's it looking?

Established Contributor

Hi Mr Gimper

thanks for checking . 

This morning I think half went through , then I took my physical SIM card and put a Vodafone sim in . Which did the job 😁

i am very happy in the end it’s working great after 5 days with no service 😁

appreciated your help too.

badboy 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Badboy388Smiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you had problems with your eSIM but I'm glad to hear @MrGimper has managed to resolve the problem for you. Smiley Happy

I recommend you speak with customer service about your lose of service for five days as this shouldn't have happened if the eSIM pack had been ordered correctly. As I do not work for EE, I cannot guarantee you'll receive anything, but I personally would be asking for a credit for the five days of service you couldn't use due to EE incorrectly ordering you your eSIM. To work this out, take your price plan monthly amount and divide by 30 and then times by five. So for example, £69 (your price plan monthly amount) ÷ 30 (average number of days in a month) = £2.30 x 5 = £11.50. Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Hi there . 

Thank you for your message. 

Thr tech guy actually apologised  and also offer credit for this month for all those inconvenience cause me . 

in the end, I am happy with my esim working with my other network sim working alongside now 😁

badboy 

by AndyCooper

Hi, I’m now on my third eSim replacement and still no service. I changed over to eSim on 8th Feb 2019 and have no service from then on. 

The sim is activated on EE’s system but I can’t get a signal. Tried all the off/on techniques, selecting the carrier etc. But no one at EE seems to have the training or experience in eSim. I get promised call backs, but they never happen.

Its a 12m simo plan, just to try out eSim in general. I may just cancel it. 

Can anyone help me here?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndyCooper

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your eSIM.

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus again for an update.

Hopefully, they can get to the bottom of what is causing the problem for your specific case.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Robinsonboy1 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

Having the same issue, onto my 3rd E-SIM today. I have been told my tech it's all in hand, on their system its the correct SIM number and will take unto 24 hours.

Went to one store today to be told another shop shouldn't of put me onto a E-SIM as E-sIMS are only for sim only plans and because i have put a O2 physical sim into my phone i have now locked my phone to O2! what a load!!!!

praying this one is going to work as i have had no signal since yesterday morning!

by

Hi there @Robinsonboy1

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Established Contributor

Will do. It’s been passed to a level 2, they are going to ring me. Couldn’t say when though!? 

by

Hi @Robinsonboy1

When was passed this to our Level 2 team?

They will call you as soon as they have an update 🙂

Leanne.

by Gregor23 Investigator
Investigator

Did this get sorted I’m on Esim number 2 and seems very similar. Still got physical EE sim but won’t change to Esim data plan that will allow me to put work Vodafone sim in 

Established Contributor

Hi

Yes I got this sorted, took 5 days. Not sure what they done as they were trying to ring me while I didn’t have service!!

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gregor23  Where did you get the device from ?  If it’s from EE it’ll be locked to EE so will need to be unlocked to use a Vodaphone sim. 

EE will only unlock a device that’s a contract device once you have owned that device for 6 months starting from when it was first purchased from EE. 

by Gregor23 Investigator
Investigator

I got it from apple so it should be unlocked

Sent from my iPhone
by

Good Morning @Gregor23.

Did our Tech Team say why you couldn't use the data plan on an eSIM?

When was the last time you contacted them?

Jon

by Gregor23 Investigator
Investigator

All sorted last night turns out they need my IMEI number and a couple of other things

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.