by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

by Alexey Investigator
Investigator

@m3centurion thank you! Smiley Happy

@Chris_B, so I can get an esim with a 30 days contract, can I?

by m3centurion Contributor
Contributor

@Alexey

Yes you can, this is what I got last week

by Alexey Investigator
Investigator

Thank you!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@m3centurion  If never said you couldn’t,  I said t totally forgot about them.  

Contributor

@Chris_B

Sorry about my earlier message, I tagged you in error, which I subsequently ammended.  My message was directed at Alexey

by pitch Investigator
Investigator

Hi @alunjuk 

Have you been able to get your Visual Voicemail working yet?

C ant get mine to work

by alunjuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes everything is now working perfectly . Including watch , voicemail , sms , iMessage data etc 

by pitch Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @alunjuk Did you have to do anything to get Visual Voicemail to work? I get the uaual sms for missed calls/voicemail, but no visual voicemail in the phone app

by alunjuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

After speaking with cs and getting basic vm working we did

visual off . SMS to 150

wait for confirmation it’s off 

then

visual on SMS to 150 wait approx 34 hrs for txt confirming it’s been reprocisoned (there will be two one immediate and another after a day) power off phone , back on all good

by colingwalker Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When I have had issues in the past with new sim's and iPhones I've done the following;

Send SMS to 150 saying VISUAL OFF

Waited for the response and then sent an SMS to 150 saying IPHONE VISUAL

This has always sorted out my issues if you have already tried this then apologies.

Regards 

Colin

by pitch Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @alunjuk and @colingwalker 

by StuMcBill Established Contributor
Established Contributor

All, just FYI.

If you work in an office with an EE booster box, which requires a profile to force IPv4, this doesn't seem to work with eSim.  I'm back to not being able to access the internet at work.

Stewart

Contributor

@greenbadger wrote:

My S4 works just fine independently from the phone on the EE number the eSIM is attached to. It also will receive calls from the O2 nano sim when in range of the phone

@greenbadger

I've been trying to connect my S3 to my EE number the eSIM is on, which I puchased directly from Apple, and I can't get it to work.  Spoke to a number of people at EE and they say it is not possible.  Can I ask how you got it working please.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@m3centurion wrote:

@greenbadger wrote:

My S4 works just fine independently from the phone on the EE number the eSIM is attached to. It also will receive calls from the O2 nano sim when in range of the phone

@greenbadger

I've been trying to connect my S3 to my EE number the eSIM is on, which I puchased directly from Apple, and I can't get it to work.  Spoke to a number of people at EE and they say it is not possible.  Can I ask how you got it working please.

My watch was already paired to the phone with the data plan set up so when I moved to eSIM I didn’t have to do anything, it just worked

To be honest given the multiple other issues that have occurred with eSIM I expected to have an issue with my paired watch too but surprisingly it was fine

by DBolding Contributor
Contributor

I have setup the dial Sim on my iPad pro which means my sim card no longer works, if I go abroad and want to use another countries data services using the esim would I be able to deactivate the EE esim and reactivate it when returning to the UK?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@DBolding wrote:

I have setup the dial Sim on my iPad pro which means my sim card no longer works, if I go abroad and want to use another countries data services using the esim would I be able to deactivate the EE esim and reactivate it when returning to the UK?

You got an eSIM for iPad Pro??

When I asked EE on Twitter if they were supporting this they told me no

by DBolding Contributor
Contributor

I do and it works :-) I just walked into an EE store and asked for an eSim pack. The guy asked me is it for a new line or for an existing. Said existing, he got one and handed it to me. No charge either (I have heard people saying they were being charged £1.50 for them!)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DBolding  Is that charge for people who got instore or via calling customer services? 

by DBolding Contributor
Contributor

I don't remember. I as actually read it on a thread on here somewhere :-o 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.