by m3centurion Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

My Watchh is the S3 cellular, which I purchased directly from Apple last year.  So I'm now trying to set it up on my EE eSIM number

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@m3centurion wrote:

My Watchh is the S3 cellular, which I purchased directly from Apple last year.  So I'm now trying to set it up on my EE eSIM number

Has the watch been previously paired to an EE plan or is this the first time you are setting this up?

Contributor

@greenbadger

It will be the first time setting it up on this EE number.  I've used it on a prevoius EE plan but that has been cancelled so I have removed it from the watch

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@m3centurion wrote:

@greenbadger

It will be the first time setting it up on this EE number.

Have you set the cellular up before on a different number?

Contributor

@greenbadger

I updated my previous post as I knew what your next question would be.  So, yes I have used it before on a previous plan and yes I have removed that plan from the watch

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@m3centurion wrote:

@greenbadger

I updated my previous post as I knew what your next question would be.  So, yes I have used it before on a previous plan and yes I have removed that plan from the watch

Yeah I think you’ll need to talk to EE about that then. I tried pretty much the same process when I got the S4 I gave my S3 to my son and tried to pair the S3 to his EE plan instead and it took a call to 150 to sort out but they sorted it for me fairly easily

by colingwalker Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Christopher_G eSim Installed and working, great work EE. Very quick delivery and easy installation... Just make sure you visit ee.co.uk/simswap after you have scanned the QR Code.

IMG_0170.jpg

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

ADMIN!

No one has responsed to my posts and you seem to be picking up and responding to other users' posts.

Getting quite frustrated with EE now!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @lewispope. This is a user community. we don't have account access and sometimes posts get missed. What's your question?

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Hi @chistery,  i've posted my issue on page 2 and further on page 3.

I need a member of the EE Community Support Team to pick up on it.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@lewispope

You seem to have two options.

Go into an EE store and ask for an eSIM swap. Take photo ID and they will move over your pay monthly SIM immediately.

Phone 150, ask for the dual SIM team, ask for an eSIM swap and they will send you the QR code by post. This will cut your SIM off whilst you wait for the post so finding an EE store is the best way.

When this first launched the staff weren't well trained, they seem better now. It's worth trying again. 

The EE store is the quickest and best option if you actually want to get this resolved.

by colingwalker Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My eSim was delivered today. During the time from asking for it my sim card continued to work fine. The actual physical sim will only be switched off after the QR code has been scanned and you have visited ee.co.uk/simswap and entered the details required.

Hope this helps.

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Hi @chistery,

Unfortunately I can't get to a store.  My issue has been with CS via 150 over the past couple of days and quite frustrated with having to repeat this request over and over and being passed from pillar to post.

I've asked on 2 occasions to be put through to the Dual Sim team and again passed to digital sales.

This is why I need a member of the EE Community Support Team to see this as they're usually the most helpful!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @lewispope

I am sorry to hear this, I have sent you a private message on here to get some further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie Smiley Happy

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Katie_B

by JDP1970 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@colingwalker wrote:

My eSim was delivered today. During the time from asking for it my sim card continued to work fine. The actual physical sim will only be switched off after the QR code has been scanned and you have visited ee.co.uk/simswap and entered the details required.

Hope this helps.

This isn't strictly true; for many others, including myself, the physical sim was switched off before midnight on the day of order leaving us without service. My eSim appeared to be already working the moment I scanned the QR code. I attempted to enter the serial no. on the simswap page & it kept coming up with an error. This would seem to suggest that EE had already done something at their end.

A complete lottery I suspect, as per doing it in store, depending on whom your dealing with & their knowledge (or lack of) of the process.

I actually wonder, if they simply send you a mint, unopened eSim pack, would you be able to use it to set up a Pay As You Go phone with eSim? As others have claimed to able to do just that when being handed a pack in store to set up at home.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JDP1970

When you request an eSIM our sales team set up the monthly plan and the terms of the contract.

When you scan the QR code this activates the plan. 

You can still use a physical pay as you go sim however the eSIM will be on a pay monthly plan. 

Thanks,

Katie Smiley Happy

by Alexey Investigator
Investigator

Is there any chance to get an esim without actually signing the 12-18 months contract? I am asking because there are people including me who spend in the UK half their time so 12-months contract is clearly not an option. Perhaps, EE has any other suitable type of contract to offer?

Cheers,

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alexey  The minimum contract length is a 12 months sim only contract. 

Contributor

@Alexey

@Chris_B

Sorry to contradict, but the minimum contract term for SIM only is 30 days

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.