by tristanshout Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

@AndrewCraze wrote:

Is it possible to use an EE esim line on the iPhone XS with an esim on the same line in the Apple Watch or does the phone number used with the Apple Watch need to be on a physical sim?

My watch seems to be working absolutely fine. This was the one area I thought I'd more than likely have issues with, but it would appear not

by Nednapalm Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Did you resolve this is in the end? I have a similar problem.

Setup new esim in store with no problem, but ported my number to EE from Vodafone. Number ported successfully but the old number still stuck on the esim. Cannot change it and press save, nothing happens. Off and on multiple times...

Would a new esim pack be the option here?

thanks. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Nednapalm

Welcome to the community. 

The number linked on the phone is this showing your Vodafone ported number? You can check this by following these steps:

Settings > Phone > My Number

If this does not show the number you wish to maintain please overwrite the number which is showing with the number you are bringing to the network. 

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Katie

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You can't seem to edit the eSIM number yourself. EE might be able to send a SIM update which might update it. Have you tried the good old power it back off and on again?

Investigator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your message. It does not allow you to save the number when you change it on the esim line. Maybe this is a bug?

I am going to visit an EE store today to see what they could do, maybe apply a new esim with the correct number instead of the original temporary one...

thanks,

John

Investigator

Hi, yes have tried several times the “usual” fix (off and on)..

Thanks

perhaps a sim update will fix it, can a moderator help with that?

by

Hi @Nednapalm

I would recommend giving our technical support team a call who will be able to help further. 

Keep us updated on how you get on. 

Katie Smiley Happy

by m3centurion Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Nednapalm

I am having the exact same problem.  Cannot change the number on my iPhone to match the ported number from Vodafone.  Also I am currently running 12.1.1 beta and the problem is still there.  I spoke with technical support about the problem and they didn't have an answer.  Maybe I'll try again.  I was also considering getting the number ported to a blank SIM then try a simswap back to the eSIM.  Clutching at straws to be honest.

by

Sorry to hear this @m3centurion

Keep us updated if you can. 

Thanks, 

Katie

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@m3centurion  Turn off iMessage d FaceTime and restart the device. Check your number and if it’s now correct turn on iMessage and FaceTime. 

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

Hi, this fixed itself for me, after I’d selected the right account/SIM in Message settings and turned phone off then on a couple of times it populated with the correct number 

Contributor

Hi  @Chris_B

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that didn't work.

Contributor

@RobUK

I've just seen your message.  Did you select iMessage to work with the eSIM or did you leave it connected to the physical SIM

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

I have iMessage working with EE on the eSIM but obviously still get TEXT messages to my US T-Mobile physical SIM too
Contributor

@RobUK

I'm just trying to understand exactly what you did to get the correct number to show up on your phone for the eSIM.  As I don't seem to get it to work

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

When I set things up it worked fine with all the zeros instead of my phone number.
But all I did was go into Settings - Messages and where it says iMessage & FaceTime Line I tapped and chose my UK eSIM line.
I then turned my phone off then on a couple of times over a few minutes and the phone number replaced the zeros automatically.
Contributor

@RobUK

Thanks for the tip, I've finally got it to work

Contributor

One problem solved, now I need to work out how I can connect my Apple Watch to my eSIM number

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

My S4 Cellular just worked straight away, it’s own eSIM is linked to number I guess.
Not sure if yours is non cellular model but it should just be paired to phone and duplicate I think.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My S4 works just fine independently from the phone on the EE number the eSIM is attached to. It also will receive calls from the O2 nano sim when in range of the phone

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.