by Wasim711 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

Hey,

Safe to say my experience has gone the complete opposite, I rang up yesterday to get my physical sim transferred to an Esim and was told that it would be sent out in the post (kinda backwards way to do it) but that was fine, I confirmed with the lady that my physical sim would not disconnect until my Esim was activated. 

Fast forward to 11pm yesterday and my physical sim turned off and I am without my data, my E- sim still hasn’t shown up and I’m without data, what’s worse is I keep telling all the CS teams over chat and twitter that I’m having this issue and they ask me to call them, HOW?! 

I really hope  this comes tomorrow as I have a 3 hour train journey and will be extremely annoyed if I don’t have data. 

EE, you need to FIX this process urgently. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wasim711,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your eSIM order was processed incorrectly. Your physical SIM should have remained active until you activated your eSIM.

Your eSIM will be ready to use when it arrives, just follow the simple instructions to register it with your phone.

Thanks

James

by Wasim711 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James!

Thanks for this but it’s a little annoying being without my basic services that I pay for!

Sent from my iPhone
by

I understand your frustration @Wasim711 and I hope your SIM card is with you tomorrow.

James

by Wasim711 Investigator
Investigator

If I can, would I be able to go in store and get an E-Sim?

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Wasim711,

It's best to wait as your eSIM pack will be pre-registered and ready to use.

Thanks

James

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

@James_B

Any chance someone can respond to my post?

by tristanshout Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@lewispope wrote:

Hi there,

I'm really struggling with Customer Service with this as i'm getting different responses from each person.  The last person I spoke to on the Technical Team took details and I think she didn't fully understand my request.  I explained that from reading this thread, there is a dual sim team for me to talk with to arrange this.

So, I have an XS Max bought directly from Apple, so it's unlocked.  I want to move my EE number from the physical sim over to the esim... this way I can free up the simcard slot to put in my Vodafone work sim.

I keep getting passed onto the sales team to try and sell me an additional line... i've had to re-itirate my request and they keep passing me over to CS who insist that an additional line has to be bought regardless of me directing them to read this thread.

Getting a bit frustrated now as it "should" be a simple request. Unfortunately i'm unable to travel to a store, so if one of the community support members can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried selecting option 3 to get through to technical? Assume you have but just wanted to check as I got through to the right department who were able to help me straight away when I called yesterday. 

by ricardochoa Investigator
Investigator

Based on my experience instead of going for esim process just ask for replacement card but with esim. Otherwise they will try always a new line.
Mine is okay and was in store and first thing was “what tariff you looking for”
And after discussing that I wanted just sim replacement they still tried second line.
Since then I lost most menus on my EE app or options under online account, I can’t even upgrade anymore or request second line. I believe they messed my account and they added something and removed. I hope that doesn’t mess my credit file
by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Yep... 1st instance was the technical team who transferred me to digital sales team... they then tried to transfer me back to customer service who told the guy in the sales team that I HAD to buy an additional line as a sim only plan for them to issue out an esim pack... I read out to him the announcement on this thread and he didn't know what to suggest.

Called backed through and spoke to the technical team again... asked to speak with their Dual SIM team... she took my details couldn't understand my request and put me on hold about 3 times for her then to transfer me back over to the sales team...

3rd time round I got through to someone who actually knew what I was talking about but transferred me to someone who didn't know what I was talking about!

So kind of at a loss with it... just a bit disappointed that this hasn't been clearly disappointed across all the support teams within EE.

by Alexey Investigator
Investigator

Hi! Could you please clarify company’s plans regarding eSim support for PAYG or Flex customers? Maybe any predictions?

Because this is a big deal as the ‘pay monthly’ plans require us to be paying for the entire year and they offer no flexibility aside from the amount of data you get ie I don’t need unlimited texts or calls, but having more data would be awesome. Direct comparison of what you can get for £10:

- PAYG offers 100 mins and 2GB of data

- Pay Monthly offers unlimited calls and 250MB of data

Apart from the obvious fact that the usage of internet and messengers among people is increasing rapidly, there are people who travel a lot or study abroad (or come to the UK to study) and would require having PAYG anyways and having a 12 month contract is a significant burden comparing to PAYG or FLEX.

by tristanshout Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Alexey wrote:

Hi! Could you please clarify company’s plans regarding eSim support for PAYG or Flex customers? Maybe any predictions?

Because this is a big deal as the ‘pay monthly’ plans require us to be paying for the entire year and they offer no flexibility aside from the amount of data you get ie I don’t need unlimited texts or calls, but having more data would be awesome. Direct comparison of what you can get for £10:

Apart from the obvious fact that the usage of internet and messengers among people is increasing rapidly, there are people who travel a lot or study abroad (or come to the UK to study) and would require having PAYG anyways and having a 12 month contract is a significant burden comparing to PAYG or FLEX.

Everything I’ve read suggests that PAYG isn’t supported for eSIM by any networks throughout the world. Every time EE have been asked via social media they have said it is not available via PAYG

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@tristanshout wrote:

@Alexey wrote:

Everything I’ve read suggests that PAYG isn’t supported for eSIM by any networks throughout the world. Every time EE have been asked via social media they have said it is not available via PAYG

PAYG isn't officially supported. I did read of one person on macrumours who has pay monthly and PAYG plans and managed to get an eSIM from the store with them thinking it was for their Pay Monthly plan but who did the swap on their PAYG sim instead and it worked. How much truth there is in that I couldn't say

by AndrewCraze
Visitor

Is it possible to use an EE esim line on the iPhone XS with an esim on the same line in the Apple Watch or does the phone number used with the Apple Watch need to be on a physical sim?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@AndrewCraze wrote:

Is it possible to use an EE esim line on the iPhone XS with an esim on the same line in the Apple Watch or does the phone number used with the Apple Watch need to be on a physical sim?

My Apple watch still working fine independantly from the phone after I moved to eSIM

by RPB Investigator
Investigator

Hey all Smiley Happy

My phone is on a pay monthly contract and I have an Apple Watch 4 also on EE.

So, having read this thread, am I right in the following......

1) In order to swap my phone number from a SIM to the eSIM, I need to go to an EE store and ask for an eSIM pack?

OR, 2) can I just goto the EE website online and perform a SIM swap myself? 

Thanks folks.

Richard.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

hi @RPB you can indeed pop into a store and they should sort you out, or phone 150 and ask for an eSIM. the store way is easier and can be done immediately. 

You cannot just do a sim swap online though, you need the QR code and eSIM serial number that is in the eSIM pack to be able to swap it over.

by RPB Investigator
Investigator

Thx @chistery, I suppose I can manage that! LOL

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Oh, and don't forget your photo ID, @RPB Good luck Smiley Happy

by alunjuk Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So all is now OK except for Visual Voicemail.

I will call up 150 in a bit as I had a txt saying "good news VV is now working" its still not , no options on the phone to record a greeting and calls just ring and ring

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.