by Brand87c
Visitor

Re: Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

Same story here but I went into the store at Meadowhall, both my lines are working the only issue I have is when I go into settings > mobile data

my second line number shows as 00 000000 when I go into change it I’m unable to press save. Is anyone else having this issue?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Brand87c wrote:

Same story here but I went into the store at Meadowhall, both my lines are working the only issue I have is when I go into settings > mobile data

my second line number shows as 00 000000 when I go into change it I’m unable to press save. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mine updated to my real number after I did the SIM swap, and rebooted.

by ricardochoa Investigator
Investigator

Really happy with this 

Manchester Fort store Smiley Happy took a bit because it was the first time doing this but eventually they managed to sort it out 731AF288-27BE-4D2F-B7F2-85F5A0A9934F.jpeg

by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant @ricardochoa!

Thanks for coming to the community to share your experience Smiley Happy

I hope you enjoy using this feature.

Jon

by jayb1
Explorer

EE being the eSim? 

I am looking to do the same as O2 dont support this until 1st half of next year.

by ricardochoa Investigator
Investigator

Yes Smiley Happy
The eSIM with EE and physical sim with O2 because the only provider that supports eSIM on the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR is EE
by Blimby
Visitor

@Brand87c wrote:

I had the same issue but it was fine after a second reboot i.e. both lines working after first reboot but number did not update until the second. 

by

Thanks for sharing your solution @Blimby.

Hopefully this will work for other users too Smiley Happy

Jon

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm really struggling with Customer Service with this as i'm getting different responses from each person.  The last person I spoke to on the Technical Team took details and I think she didn't fully understand my request.  I explained that from reading this thread, there is a dual sim team for me to talk with to arrange this.

So, I have an XS Max bought directly from Apple, so it's unlocked.  I want to move my EE number from the physical sim over to the esim... this way I can free up the simcard slot to put in my Vodafone work sim.

I keep getting passed onto the sales team to try and sell me an additional line... i've had to re-itirate my request and they keep passing me over to CS who insist that an additional line has to be bought regardless of me directing them to read this thread.

Getting a bit frustrated now as it "should" be a simple request. Unfortunately i'm unable to travel to a store, so if one of the community support members can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

by grahamsmythe Investigator
Investigator

I have a similar problem.

My 'contract' line is with Virgin Mobile.

It's like speaking a different language with the Technical Support department.

They clearly don't know what an eSIM is, and are unwilling to put me through to someone who does.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@grahamsmythe  Can you please explain?   If your with Virgin Mobile why are trying to sort this with EE.  Virgin mobile only use the EE Network to give their customer a signal.  EE can not move your VM sim number the the esim and Vm do not support the esim.  

by ewanrw Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@grahamsmythe

If you want your Virgin SIM switched to eSIM, you'll need to speak to Virgin (however I odn't belive they support this). Unfortunatley your EE PAYG sim can't be swapped to eSIM, only contract SIMs can currently be swapped.

ewan

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

So easy.

I Tweeted EE yesterday asking when eSIM swap would be available, they replied with a link to this thread and said call 150.

I did, they passed me to The Dual SIM team, who said for £1.50 they’d post me a QR Code.

That arrived today as my existing SIM appeared to deactivate.

I scanned in the code and service was resumed.

I added in my US TMobile SIM and now I have both numbers active on my iPhone XS Max and can swap primary and secondary when needed.

Thanks EE for a simple smooth service.

by lewispope Contributor
Contributor

Alright alright... rub it in why don't you.

Can you speak to CS to sort mine out... i'm struggling to get them to understand lol

by tristanshout Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@RobUK wrote:

So easy.

I Tweeted EE yesterday asking when eSIM swap would be available, they replied with a link to this thread and said call 150.

I did, they passed me to The Dual SIM team, who said for £1.50 they’d post me a QR Code.

That arrived today as my existing SIM appeared to deactivate.

I scanned in the code and service was resumed.

I added in my US TMobile SIM and now I have both numbers active on my iPhone XS Max and can swap primary and secondary when needed.

Thanks EE for a simple smooth service.

Rob, have you had any issues with data speeds or sending messages via EE using your eSIM? Seems to be a common issue that has resulted in all US networks delaying support for the SIM until 2019.

Having found this out after placing my order yesterday,  and having now lost service on my phone this morning (will have to wait until this evening to get my eSIM pack, assuming it does actually arrive in the post today), I've got concerns that when I get to set it up I'll have big regrets that all this hassle wasn't worth it, to then be left with further problems and limited service.

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I just tested and TEXT messages are ok sending and receiving but iMessages not yet.

150 said to allow 24hrs for all services to activate, so I’ll try again tomorrow and chase if not sorted.

by RobUK Investigator
Investigator

Just an update... iMessaging now working ok, you have to go into Message settings and choose which SIM/Account 

by tristanshout Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@RobUK wrote:

Just an update... iMessaging now working ok, you have to go into Message settings and choose which SIM/Account 

That's really useful to know, thanks

by Jetset Contributor
Contributor

My experience of e-sim - I went into the Porstmouth EE store today and they were very helpful in swapping me to e-sim. They were all a little unsure as to how the process would happen but they took the time to get it done.

They managed to do the sim swap process for me on their terminal so there was no need for me or them to go to the /simswap page. My card sim disconnected then after I scanned the QR code my e-sim became active. I think this was a long way around...I believe the customer is supposed to be given the e-sim package and let them get on with it.

It has taken me a little while to get my phone to a state where it makes sense to me and is doing what it should. A couple of restarts and updating my contacts to use the primary line cleared what I thought was the e-sim not being the primary number. This message came up on my phone when I was selecting EE to be the primary line. iMessage and Facetime work ok but I had to switch it off and on again to get it to work. Standard texts failed to send from an existing conversation thread but when I deleted the thread they sent ok. Visual Voicemail is working fine but I had to re-record my personal greeting.

So all told was a good experience, hope this helps

John

by

Thanks for your feedback @Jetset Smiley Happy

I'm glad the switch went smoothly for you.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.