by RebeccaMac313

Can’t permanently save important voicemail

Hi, I really need help. I phoned my voicemail I would really like to save the message forever, but saving the message on voicemail would only save for 7 days. How can I send it to myself or find another way of keeping it? I don’t want to lose it. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Can’t permanently save important voicemail

Do you use the visual voicemail feature that iPhone's have.

If you do, then you can do the following:

1. Go to Phone > Voicemail. 
  2. Tap the voicemail message that you'd like to save, then tap 
  3. Choose Add to Notes or Voice Memos. Then save your voicemail message. Or choose Messages, Mail, or AirDrop.

I would guess the easiest way would be to email it to yourself, and from there you could always save the voicemail on your computer and also in a couple of other places (in the cloud would be a good option to)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Do you use the visual voicemail feature that iPhone's have.

If you do, then you can do the following:

1. Go to Phone > Voicemail. 
  2. Tap the voicemail message that you'd like to save, then tap 
  3. Choose Add to Notes or Voice Memos. Then save your voicemail message. Or choose Messages, Mail, or AirDrop.

I would guess the easiest way would be to email it to yourself, and from there you could always save the voicemail on your computer and also in a couple of other places (in the cloud would be a good option to)

by Maestro
Maestro

If you have iPhone visual voicemail, you should be able to save the voicemail as a .m4a audio file to iCloud files and send as an iMessage etc.

1) Click on your voicemail icon from the call app.

2) Click on the required voicemail as if you where listening to it but click the export icon towards the top right:

A4A34D92-4E6B-4755-9BB8-51A1AE1269BD.jpeg

that will I’ll then allow you to save the file somewhere else or send it to email or iMessgae etc.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.