by sponge44 Investigator
Investigator

Can i sell ipad within first 6 months??

Hi

I bought an ipad on contract a couple of months ago, and have now been given one by my work! I dont need two ipads, but have been reading up that EE own my ipad for the first 6 months (should have read T+Cs originally).

I obviously plan on keep paying my contract on the ipad SIM as, as far as I am aware, I can put it in a phone and use, which will be ideal for my daughter as she is about to get her first phone.

So what will happen if i sell on the ipad even though it is within the first 6 months? Last thing I want to do is sell the ipad on to someone and then it gets blocked!! 

Any advice would be great, thank you 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can i sell ipad within first 6 months??

No, EE own all their devices for the 1st 6 months. If you do, you will have breached your contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Also be aware the ipad sim is ONLY a data and some text maybe 100 texts and DOES NOT include any minutes allocation so any calls made WILL be charged.. 😊

by sponge44 Investigator
Investigator

How will they know that I have sold it on?

Will they automatically block the ipad or write to me first?

by sponge44 Investigator
Investigator

Oh thank you for this!! I didnt think about that!

Prodigious Contributor

They will not know it is sold on until the new owner calls in for any reason to discuss any issues with it and the imei is asked. When that happens it can trigger the 6 months ownership and if the breach is seen as severe, EE may respond to let you know. In most case nothing comes of it unless the imei is triggered by any way. Ie if new owner calls in to unlock the ipad but won't be allowed til after 6 months.. hope it's helps..

by sponge44 Investigator
Investigator

That great, thank you so much for your help 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Equally, you won't know until EE put in a claim against you :(.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by sponge44 Investigator
Investigator

so basically, as soon as someone starts to use a different sim in the ipad (even if it is an EE sim) or they ring to unlock the ipad, EE will be aware and will block the ipad?

Prodigious Contributor

They will not block the ipad as that is unfair on the new user.. However it cannot be unlocked until month 6. Also they MAY contact you and put in a claim if you are in breach of contract. HOWEVER if you are not in arrears and pay on time then only the new owner is disadvantaged as they are forced to use an EE sim card. If ipad is then only use over wifi then nothing.. so in essence sell it to a family member 😃😃

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sponge44   EE can not stop you from selling the iPad you are however in breach of your contract and EE could do something about that.    To this day EE have never done anything about anyone selling under the 6 month rule.     As long as you keep paying your contract nothing will be done.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.