Highlighted
by Greztaylor Contributor
Contributor

Call Forwarding on iphone 7

Hi. I've suddenly found that I am unable to forward calls to another UK mobile number from my iPhone 7. When I attempt to set this up in settings>phone>call forwarding the number I input is not saved. Additionally if I attempt to do this manually using the  **21* method this also fails. I've always been able to do this and it appears that something has changed in the last few weeks. Can anyone assist?

13 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Call Forwarding on iphone 7

@Greztaylor  There is an issue with call forwarding it works for some customers but not all and some customers are having issues turning off the service. 

Contributor

Thanks Chris, do you know if this is an apple issue or an EE network issue? I was told by EE Customer Services that's this is an issue with IOS software 10.1 upwards and I should attempt putting the divert on using a Samsung phone (or similar) but this doesn't make sense to me.   I'm on 10.3  anyway and surely I'd be bypassing the IOS software when attempting to forward calls manually using the *21* method

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Greztaylor  It’s could possibly be a iPhone issue as I know of a user that doesn’t use EE but Orange and has this issue with their iPhone.   It does work on my iPhone but I sometimes have to try a few times for it to take and I’ve only had one issue in turning it off.   If you can try a different phone it should work as your diverting the call from the SIM card not the device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Greztaylor  When you put the number your forwarding the call too are you copy and pasting it or are you manually typing it in ?  You need to type it not paste it as I’ve just tried this myself. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Greztaylor and welcome to the community.

Please do follow the advice given by @Chris_B and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Followed Chris' advice, typing rather than copy pasting and same result. Loads and loads of errors saying the divert had failed!!! Is there an issue with call forwarding on EE?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Greztaylor

We are aware of some users having issues setting up a call divert.

Please do speak to our technical team to have this investigated.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

I've got to say EE's support with my issue has been, at best, shambolic. I called and spoke to Customer Services whom spoke to technical on my behalf advising this was an Apple IOS software issue. Regardless I followed this advise on the Apple forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7826251  

Turning off data and Wi-Fi on my phone temporarily. I then attempted to set up forwarding and it's fixed my problem!!!  This also appears to work for turning off call forwarding on the iPhone. 

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Greztaylor  If you have had to turn off features then it’s an iOS issue that Apple needs to fix.  This is not an EE issue so why do you think it’s been shambolic at best by EE.  If EE doesn’t know this workaround how can they help you ?  

Contributor

Quite simply I had to make several phone calls, be directed through multiple departments only to be told EE didn't have a workaround beyond placing the sim card in an alternative phone. Put it this way, I researched and resolved the issue in a matter of hours yet EE offered nothing = shambolic!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Greztaylor    You're assuming that EE know of this work around,  this is the first time I’ve been told or seen this fix and like I said I can turn on an off this feature on my iPhone so I’ve not had to find a solution to this issue myself.  This is an iOS issue that Apple needs to fix and your implying it’s an EE issue who have to have a fix for it.   I think you need to be looking at Apple at this issue.  

Contributor

I'm assuming absolutely nothing, the Apple Support article I reference with resolution to an EE specific issue is dated January 2017 (almost 5 months ago).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Greztaylor   That article has nothing to do with EE and that is a customer who has found a workaround and posted it on the Apple page.   But your blaming EE for an iOS issue.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.