by courtneytb Investigator
Investigator

Buying an Apple Watch as a gift

Hi,

I am an EE customer who does not have an iPhone. I am planning to buy an Apple Watch Series 5 as a gift to someone who does have an iPhone with a different provider (not EE).

If/when I get the Apple Watch would I be able to get an add-on to my EE account and have the watch connect and work with the other person's iPhone?

Many thanks

Courtney

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Buying an Apple Watch as a gift

Hi there @courtneytb

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you wanted to purchase the £7.00 data plan for the watch, the iPhone and watch would need to be on the same EE pay monthly or SIM account, this would not work for another network.

If the person you are buying the gift for transferred to EE on a pay monthly plan or SIM Only plan with an iPhone they could get the £7.00 data watch plan on their account and pair the Watch and iPhone.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Investigator

Re: How do I set up Apple Watch not bought from EE

Hi,

I am an EE customer who does not have an iPhone. I am planning to buy an Apple Watch Series 5 as a gift to someone who does have an iPhone with a different provider (not EE).

If/when I get the Apple Watch would I be able to get an add-on to my EE account and have the watch connect and work with the other person's iPhone?

Many thanks

Courtney

Investigator

Re: How do I set up Apple Watch not bought from EE

Also if it makes a difference, the person I would be buying the watch for has bought her iPhone outright and has only a SIM-only plan with her other provider.

Investigator

Also if it makes a difference, the person I would be buying the watch for has bought her iPhone outright and has only a SIM-only plan with her other provider.

by
Solution

Hi there @courtneytb

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you wanted to purchase the £7.00 data plan for the watch, the iPhone and watch would need to be on the same EE pay monthly or SIM account, this would not work for another network.

If the person you are buying the gift for transferred to EE on a pay monthly plan or SIM Only plan with an iPhone they could get the £7.00 data watch plan on their account and pair the Watch and iPhone.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thank you for your response.

Just to check - it won't be an issue that both the iPhone and the watch are bought outright and not on contract?

If we can set up the SIM only plan with yourselves then add the watch data-only plan as well, that's totally fine. Thanks 🙂

by

Hi there @courtneytb

Thanks for coming back to me.

Buying the watch and iPhone outright is fine as long as they will work on EE and are not locked to a different network.

Then all they will need is an iPhone 6 or a newer model (including SE) on an EE pay monthly or SIM only plan, and be running the latest iOS Software>

Once they have an account set up with us, they will need their My EE log in to activate the Watch with their iPhone.

Full step by step support on pairing an Apple Watch can be found on the How do I pair my Apple Watch with my iPhone post.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.