by Hannahwils19 Investigator
Investigator

Apps wont load after setting up new IPhone 8. how can I fix this?

9 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apps wont load after setting up new IPhone 8. how can I fix this?

@Hannahwils19   Do you mean that they will not work on cellular data ?  Have you allowed them to use cellular data ? Is cellular data enabled?   Is this a new contract or an upgrade?    What apps exactly are you talking about ?  When did you get this device?  Have you had a new SIM card if it was an upgrade?  Has your number migrated to the new SIM card yet ?  Do you have a cellular signal showing on the device?  Have you tried restarting the device if you have had your number migrated to the new SIM card?   

Investigator

Hi,

It’s an upgrade. I have synced everything from my previous phone via iTunes, everything else has downloaded properly but not my apps. I have tried both wifi and 4G however they will not load, there is a cloud logo underneath them and whenever I attempt to open them they just say ‘loading’. It has been like this for about 5 hours. Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hannahwils19  Are you on wifi or cellular data ? As you need to be on wifi  as these are still installing on your device as iTunes doesn’t backup  apps anymore just the data from the app, unless you choose to backup the apps on iTunes,  this could take a very long time depending on what’s got to be installed back on your new device.  You will have to wait unfortunately.    

Investigator

Both. I have tried both.. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hannahwils19  Sorry I’ve got totally mixed up.    The apps with the iCloud logo have been off loaded from the device you’ll need to reinstall them from the App Store,   But depending on the storage size of advice this might not be possible and you might need to delete it there items from the device first.  

Investigator

Its very confusing. I have a new phone which currently has 59GB of storage left, unfortunately I have tried deleting the apps to re-download but it does not let me do that either. I will contact Apple in the morning. Thanks for your help!!
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hannahwils19

Thanks for coming to community Smiley Happy

I see @Chris_B has been helping you.

Have you contacted Apple yet?

If not, please take a look at this from the Apple community it may help.

Let me know if it works.

Richard

Smiley Happy

Investigator

Hello! Thank you so much, I have just tried what was recommended on that page and my apps are now working!
by
EE Community Support Team

Amazing news @Hannahwils19

Super happy it's sorted Smiley Happy

Richard

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.