Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Apple's big announcement – Order now, plus answers to some of your questions

It’s the news we were all waiting for. Apple just announced three new phones.
Now there’s just that agonising wait till you can get your hands on them.
Pre-order yours now and be one of the first to experience one of these amazing new smartphones.

apple_iphone_xs_buy_now_980x980.pngiPhone XS

Which leaves just one question. Which one will you choose?

What are the options?

iPhone XS

If you’re a long-time fan of iPhone and love its compact size and usability, the iPhone XS is probably the iPhone for you.

It retains the same sleek form as last year’s iPhone X, with a 5.8-inch Super Retina display. Plus, it’s always convenient to pop in your pocket or carry in your handbag. This year it comes with the super-fast A12 Bionic chip inside, which powers through games, apps and data-intensive tasks. And the dual camera is incredible too, with a new Smart HDR and depth control feature that lets you get really creative with your photos.

Order iPhone XS now

iPhone XS Max

With a 6.5-inch Super Retina display, iPhone XS Match features the largest screen ever seen on an iPhone, and it’s currently the biggest smartphone screen you can buy in the UK.

If you love watching content on your iPhone, this is likely to be your top choice. It also features the incredible A12 Bionic chip as the iPhone XS on the inside, and the same dual camera and photography features for taking stunning images.

Order iPhone XS Max now

iPhone XR

Apple has released a new lower-priced iPhone, which is a great option for anyone who wants to experience an iPhone without spending big.

But despite the lower price, iPhone XR packs in many of the same features as the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. It uses the same super-fast A12 Bionic chip too and has a large 6.1-inch LCD Liquid Retina display, so it feels fast and responsive and is great for watching films and TV shows.

Pre-order iPhone XR from 19 October

Do you have questions about iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4 with EE? Here are some answers!

This is great! Where can I find details on the plans and offers?

Pop over to shop.ee.co.uk/iphone and you'll find them there.

When will the new plans and prices for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 be available?

Full pricing and details are available now via pre-order. 

Order Apple Watch Series 4 

Order iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max

Pre-order for iPhone XR available from 19th October Register your interest

Will EE support WiFi calling or Smart Number on the new iPhone?

Yes, you can use WiFi Calling, 4G calling and Smart Number on EE's Pay Monthly plans.

When can I upgrade? Can I upgrade early if I'm not eligible to upgrade now?

You can check if you're eligible to upgrade by texting UP to 150, log in to My EE or contact us on 150 to find out your options. You can also pop into one of our stores if it's convenient for you.

My annual upgrade is due in November as that's when the iPhone X launched last year. Will I be able to upgrade early so that I can get the new iPhone sooner than that?

Your best bet to find out about your upgrade options is to contact us on 150 or pop into one of our stores.

Apple Watch Series 4

I'm tempted by Apple Watch Series 4. What phone do I need to connect with it for the cellular capability?

Any iPhone model after (and including iPhone 6) is suitable, including SE models.

Where can I find out about the pricing for the new Apple Watch Series 4?

As soon as it becomes available the information will be found in the EE shop

What size SIM does the new Apple Watch Series 4 take?

The Apple Watch Series 4 has an eSIM already embedded inside it, so there's no need for a separate SIM.

Can I use my minutes and texts on my Apple Watch Series 4? 

Yes you can. You'll be able to use your phone's allowances from your Apple Watch Series 4 device;  they'll simply be deducted from your overall allowance. Find out more. 

What Apple Watch Series 4 costs will I see on my usual EE bill?

You'll see the cost of your Apple Watch Series 4 as an additional line on your EE bill. 

I really want to buy Apple Watch Series 4 as a gift for someone. How do I do that?

To make the most of the features the person using the watch will need to have an iPhone 6 or newer  on an EE pay monthly or SIM only contract that allows access to an eSIM (This includes SE models).  

Do you have any more questions? Tap "Reply" below. 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
74 REPLIES
by Recos88 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple's big announcement

I need to know if I can upgrade on Friday to the iPhone XS MAX on my annual upgrade plan I got for the iPhone X last November at release?

I got the annual upgrade deal in order to get the new iPhone every year at release which worked fine last year, however with late release last year of the iPhone X am I really going to have to wait another 2 months before I can upgrade and never get back in time with the September release? 

The wait wouldn’t be too much of a worry. I’m just concerned that if there is a delay this year with getting the iPhones out to everyone, that come November I’ll be at the back of the queue with an even longer wait to upgrade pushing my upgrade date even further away from the regular September iPhone release.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Recos88  You’ll have to wait till your upgrade is due unfortunately.  Or you could pay off the rest of the current contract to upgrade before your upgrade period. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Recos88 as stated in your other thread you will have to pay off the remainder.

You plan is annual upgrade meaning 12 months

EE doesn't control phone releases. If you pre order now it'll most likely be a 6 week delay anyway.

Come November these issues would have been ironed out. 

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  Unfortunately @Recos88 will not be able to pre order until their upgrade is due as EE systems will say they are not due an upgrade so will not allow it.   

by Legend
Legend

Hi @Sorcha

What are EE Tariff & Device prices? 

Thanks,  

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Northerner,

You can register your interest at shop.ee.co.uk/iphone and we'll make sure you are the first to know.

Thanks

James

by tomagion Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @James_B.  I did that first thing this morning 😁

I’m updating my post as I have a specific point I’m hoping you can answer.

by twynne70
Visitor

Hi there,

Can you confirm if it will be possible for existing EE customers to transition their current plan/line to the eSIM in a new/unlocked iPhone purchased from Apple directly?

I'd like to stay with EE and keep my existing plan, but add my business line (different carrier) into one of the new phones.

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

by

Hi @twynne70,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, it will be possible to move your current plan and number over to the eSIM.

Thanks for your question. Smiley Happy

James

by Wabiloo
Visitor

I'm currently on a SIM only deal, with rolling monthly contract, with EE.

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone XS Max and the Apple Watch 4.

My question is: will I be able to get a new full plan (device + calls/data) and keep my number?

by tomagion Contributor
Contributor

I’ve got the same question as @Recos88.

i pre-ordered my iPhone X on 2017 pre-order date, but didn’t receive it until November 2017.  I intend to pre-order on September 14, as I did last year, and I don’t expect to pay anything upfront, as long as I have my new shiny Space Gray iPhone XS Max within days following the anniversary of my EE contract.  That means in November, not December or January, etc.

Lets hope EE’s CIO doesn’t have to make anymore statements as he did last year. I also hope EE’s logistics team have put in place many fixes to the problems of last year, in terms of keeping customers better informed.  Fingers crossed.

So, I appreciate the other contributors are well meaning, but a full statement from EE on this particular subject would be really appreciated.

To expand a little so that you have more information with which to respond too.  

My concern is that under the Annual Upgrade Ts&Cs I can walk in to my local EE store on the anniversary of my upgrade and get a new phone.  I’m paying a higher price for that privilege of course.  But, it took 9 weeks from pre-order to get my iPhone X on 10 November.  However, the Annual Upgrade Ts&Cs have a caveat that states ”subject to stock availability”

The fear of your iPhone X owning Annual Upgrade customers is that there won’t be any stock on 10 November and I’ll be at the back of another 9 week long queue, and when I finally receive my new iPhone XS Max my new contract date 1 year anniversary will be 19 Jan 2020, which, given Apple’s upgrade cycle will mean I can now only order my new iPhone fully 20 weeks after Apple’s next announcement in September 2019.  As you can see this is an ever worsening position.  Eventually, if this repeats I’ll eventually have to wait 1 year after Apple’s latest product announcement to order a new iPhone.

I don’t think this is in keeping with the spirit of why customers would sign up to the (more expensive) annual upgrade plan.

Sorry for the amount of detail, but it’d be good to hear from the EE Community Team about what you valuable Annual Upgrade customers are contractually able to do to ensure this situation doesn’t come to pass.

847C39BB-86C2-4577-BB93-ACAA7A50E6CF.jpeg

Many thanks in anticipation of an official EE response :-)

by

Hi @Wabiloo,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, you can upgrade and keep the same telephone number. Smiley Happy

Thanks 

James

by

Hi @tomagion,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

The best way to find out your personal options for upgrading would be to speak to our upgrades team.

Please get in touch and they'll be happy to help.

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Are we likely to get pricing prior to pre orders going live or are the networks going to be playing their usual game of chicken to see which one blinks and announces pricing first?

by marjones13 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have the exact same issue and I am sure that all of us who AU'd to iPhone X willbe in the same position. I just spoke to EE instore and over the phone and they are very understanding of our predicament. I have been told that I can pay £100 to move my upgrade date to release date and that would bring my Annual Upgrade back in line with  the typical iPhone release dates. Based on the fact we are in an 'S rotation' rather than a bi-annual hardware overhaul and the amount of new options available across the range, I can't really foresee a similar demand shambles to previous years. If anyone else has spoken to EE and can corroborate my story I'm sure we can count this as good news. 

by tomagion Contributor
Contributor

Just had a text live chat with the upgrade centre in north Tyneside but they haven’t been told anything @marjones13

Best the lad was able to offer was call back tomorrow.

sadly, I’ve played this EE game before.  It’s a merry-go-round isn’t it?

by marjones13 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Regrettably it is @tomagion...

I have slightly more sympathy this time round as the later release on iPhone X was Apple's doing. I do find it frustrating though that my contract is out of sync with typical Apple releases but that has to be one of the most first world problems of all time.

The lass I spoke to over the phone seemed to go out of her way to find me an answer on Upgrading next Friday so I was fairly confident with her response (that I could pay £100, on top of returning current iPhone X.)

As in previous years, I'll get myself ready for lots of backwards and forwards on this community chat.

by Maestro
Maestro

A few things that need to pointed out which have not been covered here so far:

1) The ECG option on the Watch series 4

The ECG (electrocardiogram) option will initially only be available in the US at launch.  That option will not be available in the UK (or anywhere else outside the US) until it gains the relevant country approval.

2) iOS 12.0 or higher is required to use the Watch series 4

Anyone purchasing the series 4 Watch from any source will need iOS 12.0 of higher installed in the iPhone.

(the series 3 Watch requires iOS 11.0 or higher installed on their iPhone)

3) Nike+ versions of the Watch series 4

As per last year, the launch of all Nike+ versions of the Watch series 4 will be delayed by a few weeks this year and will not be available until October 5th.

4) eSIM options on the iPhone XS, XS Max & XR

The dual SIM eSIM option will not be available at launch on the new iPhones as Apple have said they will activate this option via an iOS 12 update later on.

by Antthrones1 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just persist folks, give upgrades a call and they may help. I’ve just done that and they have reset all my details and brought forward my annual upgrade (was November) to right now so I can call/go online tomorrow from 8 to order the new iPhone. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.