by Richey101
Explorer

Apple music, how do I access the music that is on my itunes on pc on phone app

I have logged in to itunes on pc and my music library is available on pc.

I use same details on the apple music app but i cant get all the same music available, help please, thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Apple music, how do I access the music that is on my itunes on pc on phone a

@Richey101 wrote:

I use same details on the apple music app but i cant get all the same music available, help please, thanks

You will need to enable iCloud Music library. This will give you access to music in your library, which will sync across on all your devices using the same Apple ID. Follow the screenshots below.

First go into Settings on your iPhone, scroll down till you see Music:

IMG_1526.PNG

IMG_1527.PNG

You will also need to switch on iCloud Music Library in iTunes on your PC. This is done by the following:

Load up iTunes.

From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-07_at_5_30_08_pm.png

Once you have ticked the iCloud Music Library box, click OK.

After a short time, the library will sync up across all your devices. So for example, if you add an album, song, on your iPhone from Apple Music, you will then see that very same album, song appear in iTunes on your PC and also the same if you were to do it the opposite way around (adding a album, song in iTunes on your PC).

Hope this helps 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Apple music, how do I access the music that is on my itunes on pc on phone a

@Richey101 wrote:

You will need to enable iCloud Music library. This will give you access to music in your library, which will sync across on all your devices using the same Apple ID. Follow the screenshots below.

First go into Settings on your iPhone, scroll down till you see Music:

IMG_1526.PNG

IMG_1527.PNG

You will also need to switch on iCloud Music Library in iTunes on your PC. This is done by the following:

Load up iTunes.

From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-07_at_5_30_08_pm.png

Once you have ticked the iCloud Music Library box, click OK.

After a short time, the library will sync up across all your devices. So for example, if you add an album, song, on your iPhone from Apple Music, you will then see that very same album, song appear in iTunes on your PC and also the same if you were to do it the opposite way around (adding a album, song in iTunes on your PC).

Hope this helps 🙂

by Richey101
Explorer

thanks thats a big help. I also found I could add the songs i wanted in to
playlist and this added across,
cheers,
Rich
by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @Richey101

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Thanks @Fatboy71

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.