Highlighted
by KeithD Investigator
Investigator

Apple Watch Data Plan Data Sharing

Hi all,

I was wondering what folks' experience was of the Apple Watch data plan.  If I was to have an EE Pay Monthly contract for the phone with 250MB, such as the '4GEE essential plan' but I also had a watch data plan, would that effectively be 10.25GB for use across both devices or is the 10GB limited to just phone data activity?

Thanks,

Keith

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Apple Watch Data Plan Data Sharing

@KeithD  What @bobbyhabib had put is correct and you’ll only have 250mb for the phone and the 10GB will be for the watch.   It’s 2 contracts on the same account but you can use your call and text allowance from your phone tariff on the Watch.  The data allowance is not used across the devices and each has their own data allowance. 

6 REPLIES 6
by bobbyhabib Investigator
Investigator

@KeithD

I think this will be linked to the watch only, as technically you are having a new contract with a new line linked to a existing line.

This is how I understand it.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@KeithD, Your best bet is to ring customer service and speak to them or go into an EE store if there is one near you. I believe that @bobbyhabib is correct in what he has just written, though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@KeithD  What @bobbyhabib had put is correct and you’ll only have 250mb for the phone and the 10GB will be for the watch.   It’s 2 contracts on the same account but you can use your call and text allowance from your phone tariff on the Watch.  The data allowance is not used across the devices and each has their own data allowance. 

by KeithD Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Schockwave and @bobbyhabib and @Chris_B

I'll call or pop into a local EE store some time.  I'm in proper 'miser' mode so I'm trying to find the cheapest way of moving from GiffGaff to EE, to use the watch, without seeing a dramatic jump in my monthly costs, so was wondering if the data could be used when I wasn't actually using my watch.   I think this might have been wishful thinking 🙂

Cheers,

Keith

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@KeithD, Sorry, no as @Chris_B and @bobbyhabib have pointed out the data for the watch cannot be shared to use when you do not want to use your watch, unfortunately, wishful thinking it is.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KeithD

Thank you for coming to community and Happy New Year 🙂

@Chris_B is right and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) has it's own data allowance and is specific to that only.

I'm in miser mode as well.  Christmas is a wonderful time of year in my opinion, but not so much when I check the bank and statements etc.

I've defrosted some of my Turkey Soup for dinners this week, no doubt the pattern will be repeated throughout January.

All the best for 2018.

Richard

🙂  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions