by Gemmaw81 Investigator
Investigator

Apple Watch 3 and iPhone 6s

Hi all

so I have an Apple phone 6s I’m thinking of getting an Apple Watch 3 gps I like the idea of cellular but realistically when am I going to leave my phone At home i don’t think ever as I’m always snapping pictures of my baby’s but I’m always missing calls and texts as I have to root through my changing bags to find my phone or I’m too busy keeping an eye on my kids when our etc so I’m thinking The gps version might be better for me

my question is battery life of the iPhone 6s I need to charge my phone every day as it is, if I have an Apple Watch 3 connected all day through Bluetooth is this going to drain my battery even worse 

or are they not that bad for your phone battery etc

also do you think it’s worth getting gps as I went to the phone shop today and I was basically told the gps is a no go and big waste of money I must say by a very aggressive sales man 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Apple Watch 3 and iPhone 6s

Hi @Gemmaw81 

You also need to factor in the additional mobile contract you will need for the GSM/GPS version of the watch.

As for the battery, this is always a trade off but Bluetooth on modern devices is low power so yes it will drain your battery but not to the extent that it makes a massive differences. I've used a Bluetooth watch with my phone for years now. 

Smart watches are really handy, especially if you get a few straps to change the style. 

Current watches on EE can be found here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Apple Watch 3 and iPhone 6s

Hi @Gemmaw81 

You also need to factor in the additional mobile contract you will need for the GSM/GPS version of the watch.

As for the battery, this is always a trade off but Bluetooth on modern devices is low power so yes it will drain your battery but not to the extent that it makes a massive differences. I've used a Bluetooth watch with my phone for years now. 

Smart watches are really handy, especially if you get a few straps to change the style. 

Current watches on EE can be found here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions