by Hollyrose25

Apple Music

Recently have a new contract with EE so we set up the apple music for the phone as it says you can get 6 months free so ive added on the add on and it sent a text that its been registered and a link to get started ... we then got sent to the apple music app which says about a code we have to put in ... being sent the code we typed it in and a message appears stating a problem ? but not how to resolve it (weve gone through it twice by being sent a new code and after trying again its still coming up with 'Problem' 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Apple Music

Hi @Karla1

So I can try and help get your number sorted please can I first get you to follow the below options.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number.
  5. Use the keypad to enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone.

Then

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap on Messages.
  3. Tap iMessage ON.
  4. Scroll down to Send & Receive number.
  5. Replace the temporary number with your old number.
  6. Then tap Save

Once you have done these pop your phone off and back on for about 5mins then try apple music process again.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Hollyrose25 sorry to hear you are having problems activating your Apple Music offer. Try checking your phones calling/messaging apps to make sure the correct number is stored on the SIM card in the format 07123 456789 or +447123 456789.

Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check why it is not activating through here. If the correct number is stored or you are unable to change it to the correct one please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can check the offer has been added correctly for you/refresh your SIM to display the correct number. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811?lightbox-mess...

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Hollyrose25

Welcome to the EE Community! Smiley Happy

You don't receive a code for the EE Apple Music offer - it's a link in a text that you follow, be careful it's not the 3 months Apple promo you're activating.

Have you ported or migrated a number to EE?

If so you'll need to resend MUSIC to 150 once your number is fully active.

What phone are you using?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Karla1
Explorer

I have been having the same problem. I did change my number over from old network but it has been done now but it still says the original number that ee gave me on my number on contacts...

I have got the email with the link but when I go on the link it says I do not have an apple music membership with ee when trying to verify my membership... I tried texting 'MUSIC' to 150 but it says I have aleady have an apple music membership...

by
EE Employee

Hi @Karla1 and welcome to the Community.

SO I can try and assist, please may I know what type of device it is that you are using?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Karla1
Explorer

Its the limited edition iPhone 7 red

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Karla1

So I can try and help get your number sorted please can I first get you to follow the below options.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number.
  5. Use the keypad to enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone.

Then

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap on Messages.
  3. Tap iMessage ON.
  4. Scroll down to Send & Receive number.
  5. Replace the temporary number with your old number.
  6. Then tap Save

Once you have done these pop your phone off and back on for about 5mins then try apple music process again.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Karla1
Explorer

Hi Lee,

That all worked 😊 in on it now.

Thank you 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @Karla1

Glad you are all sorted.

I have Apple music and my iPhone is full of rave music lol

Let us know what album you download first 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.