Highlighted
by SuperRam Investigator
Investigator

Anyone’s Apple Watch Series 3 4G faulty?

I bought an Apple Watch Series 3 for 4G direct from Apple. It took a couple of days to get some connection. This worked for five days. Since then it’s been unconnected and I have been getting an error on 019. I have a call waiting with the DST team. Apparently they will call back within 72 hours. Is this always an EE thou it took a couple of days to connected.  This worked for five days. Since then it’s been unconnected and I have been getting an error 019. I have a call waiting with the DST team. Apparently they will call back within 72 hours. Is this always an EE fault, Or have some people found that they have a faulty Apple Watch?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Anyone’s Apple Watch Series 3 4G faulty?

@SuperRam  Wait for the call back and/or book an Apple appointment so they can look at the Watch.  

by SuperRam Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, waiting for the call back and in parallel, Apple are running diagnostics on the watch. A bit belt and braces. I suspect the EE network setup.

Under the EE app, under my phone number, it shows the amount of data I have used. Under the number assigned to the Apple Watch, the data page is blank and it says I have to pair to the watch to use this (data). Should the page be blank or show the data that is available?

Sent from my iPhone
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If your watch is not paired with your IPhone, then the data will not be working with your watch and you will not be able to make or receive calls. 

When I got my watch on Monday, I rang EE and they set it up to work with my IPhone. Also there is a page that EE have set up, how to pair your watch with the IPhone, but it sounds like there could be a fault.

The data usage will show if you click on the one for your IPhone, not the watch, as the watch is using the data for the phone, hope that makes sense, it is not separate.

by SuperRam Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, thanks for that. I understand the pairing etc. It’s just frustrating going from a working LTE to it only working with the iPhone again. Obviously EE are working through all the faults but it does seem like it’s all the fixes are a bit experimental!

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SuperRam

This is the virtual device help page and the two support articles are here and here if you get a second to have a look at them.

I hope you manage to sort everything out and it goes without saying, if their is anything we can do to help further, please give us a shout.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions