by Ssinclair
Explorer

Anyone having the same problems, of data drainage. Over a gig has disappeared???

Anyone, has there been anyother data drainage these last few weeks, on iPhone and android. The whole family's data is effected, friends also. My data vanished while being charged. I've never ever ran out of data. I'm on a sim only with 2gig data plan. I've read, hundreds more have been effected. Has EE been hacked. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Anyone having the same problems, of data drainage. Over a gig has disappeare

Hi,

I guess you are using an iPhone right? 

Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile Data", and then scroll to the bottom of the page, and check if "Wi-Fi Assist" is on. 

If the whole family is affected, then it could be that the family sharing a Wi-Fi connection that the iPhone thinks is not stable. You can avoid this by turning Wi-Fi Assist off. 

W

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Anyone having the same problems, of data drainage. Over a gig has disappeare

Not sure if you have already done this, but on your iPhone, can you go into Settings/Mobile Data and scroll down and see if there are any apps in the "USE MOBILE DATA FOR" list, that have unexplainable high amounts of data shown that they have used.

Also, at the very bottom of the list of apps in the "USE MOBILE DATA FOR" section, there is an option called "SYSTEM SERVICES". Can you touch this and see if there is any services in there that have a high amount of data used.

Also, scroll right down to the bottom and see if Wifi Assist is switched on and what the data amount (if any) is shown for it. I have read on occasions Wifi Assist can eat through a lot of mobile data, if the wifi network that it is on, is poorly performing. But I'm not sure if or how this would affect Android phones though.

If you can't spot anything that could be the cause (and I feel that there must be an error on EE's part if your family and friends are experiencing the same issue and on different phone platforms to) then the only other thing I could suggest is to give EE a call and ask them to get their tech department to look into it.

You can call 150 from your mobile to get in touch with customer service.

by Ssinclair
Explorer

Just checked those operations. They are off. I've done a software update last week, And my new data starts tomorrow. So I will keep an eye on it. Thx guys for your help. 

by Ssinclair
Explorer

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Wifi assistant is off, but I did a software update last week if that helped it. Going to monitor the data tomorrow when I'm refreshed. Thx again.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Ssinclair wrote:

Just checked those operations. They are off. I've done a software update last week, And my new data starts tomorrow. So I will keep an eye on it. Thx guys for your help. 

Please keep us informed as to how things go 🙂

Other than that and until perhaps EE can look into this issue and get it sorted out for you, perhaps switch off the Mobile Data completely in Settings/Mobile Data (it's the top switch) and then switch it back on, as and when you need to use mobile data. Not ideal I know.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.