by Buzby-Barkley Contributor
Contributor

Add Apple Watch?

I’ve a PAYM contract SIM and a Series 3 Apple Watch - how do I set up service for the Watch?  I can’t see anything on My EE!

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Add Apple Watch?

Hi,

You’ll have to set it up via the iPhone’s Watch app. 

EE’s guide:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/calling-texting-and-data-add-ons/apple-watch-series-...

The extract from EE’s guide:

To set up a data plan, just use the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) app. You’ll need your EE log in details, or you can register for an EE account today

Then simply:

- Open the Apple Watch Series 3 app on your iPhone
- The app will then take you through setting up your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G), things like Apple Pay etc
- Select Set up Mobile Data
- Select the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) plan and agree to Terms.

W

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community @Buzby-Barkley Smiley Happy

Did @winston's great post give you all the information you needed?

Thanks

James

by Buzby-Barkley Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - however it’s a case on One step forward and two back.  Activating the Watch has been a real pain, and 2 days on I’m not in a position to enjoy the Watch working on EE.  

Firstly, using the Watch App, I requested a data plan, and although slow thought I was making progress until it ended after an hour with a ‘Call 150 and tell them Error 012’.  Once called, I’m then thrown into an AVR menu system that makes absolutely no mention of the Apple Watch, and spurious menu selections were made till I found one that led to a human.  Explaining my issue, I was transferred to Level 1 support. I’m told the problem was due to me not buying the Watch from EE, I’d need to give my Watch IMEI and E-SIM Numbers before they could do anything. Once provided, I was told to leave it an hour and all would be fine.   Nope - the Watch app stated my Watch was ‘incompatible’ with the service, yet My EE showed I had the Watch on my account.

Phoning again, this time I was passed to Second Level support, who tried a few things before saying ‘Activating’ and the clock icon would show until this morning, and then I would be up and running. I was texted an email address in case I needed more support later.

15 hours later and still ‘activating’ , I sent an email but heard nothing.  Phoning 150 CS again, I was told that Level 1 wouldn’t take the call as it was a matter for Level 2, BUT Lever 2 wouldn’t take the call as I didn’t have a ‘reference numbet’   Not impressed with this, the agent said she’d flag it to her line supervisor.  I’m sure she hinted that the L2 support was from ‘O2 in Spain’ (Really?) and suggested I Email again with Urgent in the subject line.

Having now done this, I dis get a response saying Activations are taking much longer than usual, and to give it more time - so it looks as though I’ll be having an unconnected Xmas.....

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Buzby-Barkley,

I'm sorry that your watch hasn't been activated yet.

The technical team will get back in touch as soon as they resolve this issue for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.