by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

A Phone on My Account which is not mine!

I have recently been sent a threatening letter by EE asking me to pay for a phone that is not mine.  I log into my account and find there are two phone numbers on my account one of which is not mine.  I have contacted EE about this and they told me they had removed the 2nd phone but i have just logged into my account to find it is still there and a demand to pay the outstanding bill.

EE what is going on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: A Phone on My Account which is not mine!

They won't help me because I do not know the password because I have never rang them before and my husband is the only name on the account even though he cannot use a computer and had no idea how log into the account online.

You might as well remove this thread because they won't do anything and husband is too busy to ring them at the moment.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You need to call. No account access on here.

Itll need to be investigated on how it got there.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I have spoken to them this morning and they told me they had removed the phone and it's number from my account and they haven't done it yet. I have no idea when they will.  I have tried to chat to them online and the site won't let me so I am getting a bit annoyed now.

by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi @DebbieP7,

Welcome to the EE community.

Unfortunately you will have to get in touch customer service again who will be able to check why the number hasn't been removed. You can call 0800 317 720 to be put straight through to an advisor.

Ask for the advisor to send you an email, confirming that the number will be removed, so that you have confirmation that you have made the request.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the 'solved' button below to help others!
by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

He said they cannot email me when I requested that because it was an online chat.  I had no luck with the Irish call centre when I rang them about it as well.

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I have tried and the Irish call centre did not help me

Prodigious Contributor

Unfortunately you have no choice but to call them back then, since here on the community we have no access to customer accounts. EE do not have an email address for you to contact, so the only choice is phone or live chat.

If you use the number 0800 317 720 you'll be put straight through to someone who can help.

Thanks,

Alex

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I am trying to call them but it is very busy as usual and they are playing rubbish music to me🙄

Prodigious Contributor

I'm sure if you hold on you'll be put through to someone who can help. Let us know how it goes 😊

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

Anyway I can turn their annoying music off?

Prodigious Contributor

I don't believe so.

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I am just on hold why they try and resolve the matter.  Still playing horrible music!

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

They won't help me because I do not know the password because I have never rang them before and my husband is the only name on the account even though he cannot use a computer and had no idea how log into the account online.

You might as well remove this thread because they won't do anything and husband is too busy to ring them at the moment.

View solution in original post

Prodigious Contributor

If you call them back another time when you're with your husband, he will be able to give them permission to speak with you.

Just make sure you get this solved before your next bill comes out, otherwise you'll be chasing them for a refund too.

Thanks,

Alex

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If your not the account holder they cant speak to you without the account holders permission.

The fact this is about a potential fraud because there is a 2and line on your account the fact they wont speak to you is a good thing.

Your husband is going to have to call and if needs be give them permission to be able to talk to you.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I have spoken to them online and they said it will be resolved in the next 24 hours but they have not explained why there are 2 numbers on my account .... I find it very strange because my other phone which is with BT has never had this problems.  I did find someone tried to log into itune account from Basildon on my other iphone so I contacted Apple and they resolved it quickly because it seems it is quite a common occurrence.

by DebbieP7 Investigator
Investigator

I have told my husband is stupid to not have added me because he doesn't know how to log into the account because he is not very good with computers and uses one finger to type so is very slow.  I have been using computers all my life and worked on a big main frame computer years ago as well as using the BBC computer which was basic compared to what we use now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions