by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Power Bars Update – Full Recall

The voucher offer has expired this will not change even if you say you wasn't notified about it.  EE will not make any expectations for anyone, I'm not trying to belittle you at all and if you think that I'm sorry.  As I said EE can only do so much to inform the people who got these what else can they of done that they didn't do ? 

by hayleyrona Investigator
Investigator

I don’t have any particular care for the voucher. I think they should have ensured that all customers were contacted. As having no previous complaints regarding changes and updates etc. I think it is shoddy of EE to drop their standards now as they've cause fires and over heat frequently even when the user is not using their phone at the same time as charging with their power bar. 

As I have repeated myself several times, I have not blocked the number, I have not said I do not want to be contact via email, post and any other methods of contact which you can think of, I think its disgraceful that they've not made contact with myself and would have been liable for a lawsuit should I have had a fire whilst using the power bar. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hayleyrona,

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't receive the notification text.

All Power Bar users should have received two automated texts to let them know about the recall.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I've said how does EE know that you haven't been informed and decided to keep using the power bar ?   

by ZWT100 Investigator
Investigator

Dear EE

I am attendign Glastonbury festical in two weeks and I rung yesterday to enquire about my power bar from last year which i still have.  I was advised I had to change it for a voucher which i was going to do but as our nearest store is more than 40 miles away I havent been able to get there as yet. 

Yesterday I was told that you are no longer doing the vouchers and I have to purchase a new one. I spend more than £3000 a year on my phone contract with yourselves and feel that as I live so far away I should be able to exchange my power bar for either a voucher or swap it for a new one if i am willing to drive 40+ miles to the nearest store.  

Could you please advise ?  As i have small children I dont want to risk using it but may have to. many thanks

by ZWT100 Investigator
Investigator

Dear EE

I am attending Glastonbury festival in two weeks and I rung yesterday to enquire about my power bar from last year which i still have.  I was advised I had to change it for a voucher which i was going to do but as our nearest store is more than 40 miles away I havent been able to get there as yet.  Yesterday I was told that you are no longer doing the vouchers and I have to purchase a new one. I spend more than £3000 a year on my phone contract with yourselves and feel that as I live so far away I should be able to exchange my power bar for either a voucher or swap it for a new one if i am willing to drive 40+ miles to the nearest store.  Could you please advise ?  As i have small children I dont want to risk using it but may have to. many thanks

by

Hello @ZWT100.

Thanks for coming here for help.

The power bar voucher ended at the end of February, this would not be possible to offer you this now. 

We do advise to return all power bars to an EE retail store as the recall is for safety reasons.

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ZWT100  You haven't got to use it at all its your choice to use it.  EE can not take any responsibility if you have not returned it under advisement to return it.  

The voucher offer is over so you will not get one at all.  EE customers  where advised to return these for a voucher if they're not returned the customer has taken upon themselves to carry on using it.   Just to add it's not yours to keep. 

by ZWT100 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, I would like to ask why it is not mine when i paid for it ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What did you pay for it ?  To get these last year it was just a text message that cost 35p.  You had the power bar on a hire purchase and when the 18 months where you you had to return it.  This was part of the contract that your agreed to when you picked up the power bar. 

Read 2.3a.  And 2.8 This is the T&Cs of the power bar from last year. 

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20Power_terms%20and%20conditions_300315.pdf

by

Hello @ZWT100,

How did you purchase the power bar?

Was this online, in store or at Glastonbury?

Thanks.

by hayleyrona Investigator
Investigator

I told them when I went into the shop that I received no notification, that I only found out due to my mother. They offered no apology. I did not want to keep the power bar as I then researched about the recall after finding out from my mother. 

by harelands

Hi, is there any update since the below from December 2015 please?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@harelands There is no update if these will be available again. 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @harelands

Was there any further questions you needed answering other than the information that has already been provided?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions